Last Pay Day

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by heard_it_all_before, Nov 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

My last day in the army is tomorrow (Friday). anyone got any ideas when I'll get my 21 days pay for November..!

And when does my pension start to get paid?

It seems that since the advent of JPA that all Adime Offices have only got one answer, have a look at JPA. Which is probably true, but not much use when you're at home and nowhere near a JPA terminal..

Thanks in advance
  2. Without having the full facts about your Case i.e. are you 22 years and gone or Early Discharge? I can tell you however that you Nov pay will be sent to you by cheque by APC. That is if you HR Admin is on the ball then your Banking should have been stopped and thus would provoke APC to send out the cheque for the end of Nov.

However I know this doesn't always happen and the DS answer you are getting isn't acceptable by any standards regardless of what rank you are, we are there to provide a service (doesn't always happen I know). If you are unsure and unhappy with this go direct to the RAWO or Sys Sgt in the Admin Office and tell them your clerks is fobbing you off, which he/she clearly is. Looks like they dont know the answer themselves mate, and as always on here thta is why we as a Corp are slated due certain MONGS!

JPA isn't the answer to all the problems of the HR world and we still have a job to do and provide decent admin when required.

With regards to your pension if you are 22 and out then it starts straight away unless you have commuted , but will be paid per month until your death from now on. Your lump sum tax free will also go in at the end of the months if you are 22 years served.

If however you are discharged after not serving 22 years then your pension starts at the age of 55 and will be paid every months after, along with your state pension until death.

Hope this helps slightly.
  3. Cheers for the reply.

23 years service and a medical discharge. I know what my invaliding benefit will be, but obviously don't know what my SWP will be. Just wondered when I would get my last pay packet.

Thanks again for your detailed reply.
  4. The very best of luck in civvi street.
    Stay on ARRSE it's the only sanity you'll get!
  5. I finished on the 14th of the month, my lump sum arrived in my bank on the 24th, my 14 days pay went into my bank as per usual at the end of the month and my pension started on the 5th of the next month.

All the best with your new life, its not that bad but I agree with the stay on ARRSE comment totally.
  6. Cheers Guys,

That was my thinking F-F, that it would go in at the end of the month as usual.

Institutionalisation isn't all that bad, at least I can still hobble outside everyday to do 'Areas', and put the kettle on at 10 for a NAAFI break. :D

23 years, where does it all go...?
  7. I'm not sure but it was great fun wasnt it!
    What ever day of the month (ie 5th) your pension goes in will be the same for every month onwards.
  8. That's reassuring to know, as we don't like change, I'll be able to put that on the monthly training program, as a 'Thing to do' check pension...!
    :D :D :D :D
  9. For the first 6 months I received a statement each month telling me how much had gone in and how much tax I had paid on it, I havent had anything from them for the last 4 months.
  10. Your pay is stopped automatically, triggered by your final day as recorded on JPA. No action is required by Unit HR to effect this. Days of sending off an 1809 to stop banking are over.
  11. You should not get your banking stopped on discharge now we are in the fine days of JPA.

You need to change your address on JPA prior to getting out to show your future address (ie when you are lucky enough to be a civvy) as that is the address the JPAC/APC/SPVA or whoever will use to get in touch with you.

I miss the good old days of the AF O1809, but not the UTIPS which was pish :D
  12. Having been a Civilian now for nearly a week, and given that SPVA have had my medical docs for nearly 5 months. If there is anyone else that has recentley received either a WPS/AFCS after discharge, how long did it take thern to notify you of your percetage of Disabilty and Entitlement after your discharge...

Thanks in Advance
  13. Ive been out for 1 year and 1 month (after 23 years service) and the jury is still out, I am still waiting for the big boys to decide on my percentage and entitlement. Bloke who left at the same time as me has just heard about his and is appealing.
  14. F-F

Are you always so quick with your responses...?

Now you've got me worried.

As you probably know, I have my years served pension, but I was kind of hoping that they might have been able to make a judment sometime within the last 5 Months...!

Could be a long wait then?
  15. If you have the e-mail address of the SPVA drop them a line to ask what the next step is, it may give them a nudge into action (it did for me)