Last one out..............

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SpeckledJim, Nov 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me or are more and more of the AMS being poached to join the Aussie or NZ Army?

Same old shite I expect but at least the weather is better down there!

2. They don't treat you like shiit, send you on personal crusades and pay you pitance.....and the population actually like you

3. Would they even like you D-L?

4. Let's not go that far! :wink:

5. I can be nice.......occasionally....if I feel like it :wink:

6. Dont kid yourself. I did long look and the aussie Army is rag bag. The pay doesn't equate to ours and the poulation dont respect them any thing like the British public respect ours forces. I cant understand your gripe with being sent on tour. I remember being in BAOR in the 80's frustrated due to no tours other than the odd trip to NI. The weather is no better in New Zealand either its similar to ours. The NZ army is predominantly TA therefore not overly proffesional. So all in all the grass is greener here. I was recently offered a WO's slot in the NZ army by a senior officer i know over there but thought better of it. Believe me they are frustrated at not doing any tours. Infact one of the reasons for approaching me to fill an RSM slot was that there Seniors were laking tour experience and were therefore trying to import in experience. And finally if youve been to NZ its a dull country, similar to living in the north of Scotland. beutifull but very little there.

7. .

That description reminds me of a QA I used to "know" .....................................................................................

..................................................................................................except she was ugly.

:?

8. That doesn't narrow it down

9. the Oz cost of living is dirt cheap!! East Timor and Iraq are the 2 tours that they seem to do a lot.

10. ........and they're both sh*te holes........on the up-side, Bondi beach does beat Blackpool beach!

11. SJ

Hardly, the oft sensed aroma of chip fat and stale beer, give me Blackpool any day!! :wink: :wink: