Last Night

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Nov 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

MDN/SMB and I were invited to a function to thank us Arrse Members for what we have done for wounded troops and families of those KIA.

This would not have been possible without the support of people who allow the families holidays in their Spanish homes at Explore Polaris

And also without your support in a huge way we could not have collectivley made this happen.

So please have a look at the website Explore Polaris and if you fancy a holiday book it from this site and show your support to them
  2. Was mdn wearing his 'Regiment' tie again? :roll:

Well done blokes. You chaps have been the driving force behind this.
  3. Well done Dave and all.

Hope you had a good one.
  4. Yep, very well done. Are you still collecting? I haven't seen the begging bowl again thread for some time.
  5. Well done chaps. It's nice to know that someone is doing something positive instead of just moaning.

On a scale of 1-7 how drunk did you get?
  6. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Hats off as ever chaps :D
  7. Dave,
    thanks for your periodic feedback and great to hear that you're receiving well-deserved acknowledgement for all the work that you and the team do.
    It must be nearly a year since MDN flashed up the bus that would become HTO.
    What an amazing achievement by all involved.
    A heartfelt well done.
  8. Its nice to see how grateful some of the Commanding officers, Adts RSMs etc are and how forward they are in thanking everyone involved.

Clearly we took all the thanks and glory for ourselves and didn't mention anyone else as it meant we might have had to buy our own beer. :D

The only down side of the entire evening was the trip back North this morning having to Breathe in Daves arrse...... If we'd have had to drive another mile he'd have been pulled through with a Christmas tree at Knutsford services.

Whilst this is the NAAFI and you are all c0cks and cnuts, allow me to pass on the thanks of those affected by injury and their muckers, gaffers and families. Last night confirmed it is 150% appreciated and without doubt gets rid of any doubt in my mind that we should continue with the Holiday4heroes scheme that started nearly twelve months ago.

PLease have a shufty at Daves site, without these people, we'd have to pay for accommodation making the entire thing probably out of reach....... We rely on their generosity heavily. As much as it grieves me to say it his Ebay 4.99 suit was very smart but he didn't stand a sniff, all the ladies wanted me.

Over the next few weeks and in time for the first anniversary I'll post up a statement on what we've managed to box of and square away over the first twelve months.

No......... a fcuk up that won't be repeated :roll:

Cnut :D
  9. Well done lads, I'm glad you're getting recognition for this!

It's a worthy cause and hopefully we can keep It going.
  10. meridian

Whats this, am intrigued, come on fess up
  11. We were invited to a function at one of the Regiments we've sent injured and widows from, back in June.

I wore a rather tasty and expensive tie....... on arrival it dawned on me that the colours of the tie were identical to the Regiment in questions colours and I felt a right walting cnut. I stupidly confessed to Flash in confidence :D
  12. meridian

Christ, how embarrasing

Still, every day is a school day :D
  13. That confirms a few things... :D

Good work thought... So I won't hold it against you... :wink:
  14. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Snake belts were worn though :lol: