Last Night of the Proms! Standby!

#1
Brilliant Last Night on at the moment... like the Hoovers Sir David Attenborough on the Bumper... that red dress ^^
 
#2
Always the tv highlight of the year reminds me of proms parties in the pads in Germany. Got to be such a tradition that we had more boxheads than Brits some years.
 
#4
Bugger, busy doing other things. My life's ambition is to be present at a last night at the proms. Some years ago I went to Salamis in Cyprus where BFBS put on an evening of classical music in the amphitheatre there. Wonderful!
 
#5
Litotes said:
BoomShackerLacker said:
Brilliant Last Night on at the moment... like the Hoovers Sir David Attenborough on the Bumper... that red dress ^^
The presenter in the black dress was quite fanciable... :D

Lits
So are you, you little minx.

Oops - wrong thread :lol: 8)

Dale, aged 7 and 3/4.
 
#6
eodmatt said:
Bugger, busy doing other things. My life's ambition is to be present at a last night at the proms. Some years ago I went to Salamis in Cyprus where BFBS put on an evening of classical music in the amphitheatre there. Wonderful!
They used to do the same thing at Kourion too. Listened to the RCT band there also - experiences never to be forgotten - never mind any of these new theatres, they knew how to do it then.
 
#8
Got a bit smoky there for awhile; thought David Robertson spoke brilliantly and he can visit again anytime! It clearly meant a great deal to him personally...
 

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
#10
bejeepers said:
that, as usual, was brill but did I miss Jerusalem??
You must have done - I heard it. My son (who joins up in January) confessed that he didn't know the words to Pomp And Circumstance. :roll:


He now has homework to do...
 
#11
Legs said:
bejeepers said:
that, as usual, was brill but did I miss Jerusalem??
You must have done - I heard it. My son (who joins up in January) confessed that he didn't know the words to Pomp And Circumstance. :roll:


He now has homework to do...
A few John Redwood moments with the NA second verse in the audience...
 
#12
Fabulous, as ever! I completely agree with BSL about David Robertson - he was great and very well received by the Promenaders.

Whilst watching and listening to the brilliant Alison Balsom's fantastic performance in the first half I thought that if any ARRSE males were watching they'd be more interested in how her embouchure could pleasure them than the exquisite notes it was making her trumpet produce. Certainly the Leader of the orchestra appeared to be having some dreamy thoughts, given the smile on his face as he gazed at her throughout her cadenza!

 
#13
The_Snail said:
Litotes said:
BoomShackerLacker said:
Brilliant Last Night on at the moment... like the Hoovers Sir David Attenborough on the Bumper... that red dress ^^
The presenter in the black dress was quite fanciable... :D

Lits
So are you, you little minx.

Oops - wrong thread :lol: 8)

Dale, aged 7 and 3/4.
It's alright, Dale, you can follow me to the end of the Proms; as long as you have my (4) babies!

Lits :D
 
#14
DozyBint said:
Fabulous, as ever! I completely agree with BSL about David Robertson - he was great and very well received by the Promenaders.

Whilst watching and listening to the brilliant Alison Balsom's fantastic performance in the first half I thought that if any ARRSE males were watching they'd be more interested in how her embouchure could pleasure them than the exquisite notes it was making her trumpet produce. Certainly the Leader of the orchestra appeared to be having some dreamy thoughts, given the smile on his face as he gazed at her throughout her cadenza!

Cadenza? Is that what one calls it, Dozy? :D

I must be ill-educated as I had other thoughts on my mind!

Lits :D
 

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#15
DozyBint said:
Fabulous, as ever! I completely agree with BSL about David Robertson - he was great and very well received by the Promenaders.

Whilst watching and listening to the brilliant Alison Balsom's fantastic performance in the first half I thought that if any ARRSE males were watching they'd be more interested in how her embouchure could pleasure them than the exquisite notes it was making her trumpet produce. Certainly the Leader of the orchestra appeared to be having some dreamy thoughts, given the smile on his face as he gazed at her throughout her cadenza!

Mmmmmmmmm. Circular breathing :D
 
#20
Have they 'dumbed down' with the gimmicks and celebs?; maybe in part but I do think they're removing this experience from the 'elite establishment' once and for all. When you look at how 'accessible' now some of the top performers are it can only be a good thing and the standard is high. BBC are to be praised.

Thought David Robertson had grasped British culture cleverly for an American; the direct opposite of Alan Stanford's destruction of a cultural icon.

The power of music!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top