Last Night - lack of protest

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sixty, Sep 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I find myself watching a Chinese chap playing piano beautifully at the Proms (on TV) and wonder why, with his country's myriad human rights abuses, there has been no protest whatsoever?

Could it be that he's just a musician with no connection to or influence upon state policy?

This begs the question; why did the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign peeps feel the need to disrupt the IPO's performance earlier this week? Misplaced metropolitan angst, antisemitism or just plain liberal cause taking?

Don't get me started on the lack again of a Fantasia on British Sea Songs.

2. My guess is that the Palestinian issue is linked to the US through Israel and forms a convenient way for the usual suspects to flaunt their right-on-ier-than-thou credentials at each other. China doesn't offer that opportunity.

I don't doubt the Tibet rentamob will surface soon enough, but now that the followers of Dorge Shugden are beginning to play DLXIV at his own PR game I suspect his gilt is beginning to tarnish.

3. Tight's abuse? Where? (sorry).

4. Sixty

Damn you and my shocking reliance on a spell checker!

5. what the **** happened to the fantasia of sea songs

6. Sixty

Not seen since 2008. An utter travesty.

7. WTF did they do to the National Anthem - It isn't a great piece of music but should still be belted out with gusto.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I quite liked the way it was performed,dignified and emotion filled as it should be.

Don't get me started on Auld Lang Syne though. If they don't know the ******* words they should just STFU!

• Like Like x 2
  9. WTF is wrong with these people?

10. Not much "diversity" in the audience!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oh, I don't know about that; there were a couple of pink Union Flags being waved about by Prommers WTF is that all about?

12. HHH

HHH LE

The red colour run in the wash !!

13. Those colours don't run.

Disclaimer. I am in no way a professinal flag maker and can not vouch for the quality of the dyes used in the manufacturing process.

14. It was played at Proms in the Park not enought room to do a hornpipe though

15. It's the BBC. Nothing to incite patriotic or imperialistic tendencies.
    I enjoyed the programme but it is getting a bit tame. Without Liang Liang or the orchestra guide it would have been a dry old job.