Last Night - lack of protest

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I find myself watching a Chinese chap playing piano beautifully at the Proms (on TV) and wonder why, with his country's myriad human rights abuses, there has been no protest whatsoever?

Could it be that he's just a musician with no connection to or influence upon state policy?

This begs the question; why did the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign peeps feel the need to disrupt the IPO's performance earlier this week? Misplaced metropolitan angst, antisemitism or just plain liberal cause taking?

Don't get me started on the lack again of a Fantasia on British Sea Songs.

My guess is that the Palestinian issue is linked to the US through Israel and forms a convenient way for the usual suspects to flaunt their right-on-ier-than-thou credentials at each other. China doesn't offer that opportunity.

I don't doubt the Tibet rentamob will surface soon enough, but now that the followers of Dorge Shugden are beginning to play DLXIV at his own PR game I suspect his gilt is beginning to tarnish.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
WTF did they do to the National Anthem - It isn't a great piece of music but should still be belted out with gusto.
I quite liked the way it was performed,dignified and emotion filled as it should be.

Don't get me started on Auld Lang Syne though. If they don't know the ******* words they should just STFU!

I find myself watching a Chinese chap playing piano beautifully at the Proms (on TV) and wonder why, with his country's myriad human rights abuses, there has been no protest whatsoever?

Could it be that he's just a musician with no connection to or influence upon state policy?

This begs the question; why did the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign peeps feel the need to disrupt the IPO's performance earlier this week? Misplaced metropolitan angst, antisemitism or just plain liberal cause taking?

Don't get me started on the lack again of a Fantasia on British Sea Songs.
It was played at Proms in the Park not enought room to do a hornpipe though

Latest Threads