Last minute query....

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by chrisg46, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Am doing the fatal deed on saturday and getting hitched to the boss (she told me to), and am therefore picking up my uniform from the tailors tomorrow.
    Now tonight, i have just been informed that traditionally, if you are getting married in No 1 dress, you have the insignia of the rank above on it, ie a pte becomes a lance jack, and a lance jack wears the two stripes of a cpl. Is this true? A rapid answer would be appreciated, as i am picking it up tomorrow afternoon, and my sewing sucks too much to put it on myself...

2. Look mate.... it's not too late to back out now.... seriously she won't mind and maybe in time she will thank you for it. Don't do it. It will only end in tears.

3. wah!

4. chrisg46

Nope, not a wah, i have never heard this one before, have a feeling i may have been wah'd myself...

5. sounds like a wind up to me
    (the rank thing that is, not the getting married bit!)

6. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

They get less for murder in most countries, and time off for good behaviour.

Run, run whilst you can.

Failing that go out tonight, take all the money out of your account and bury it. Cos there will come a time when the evil witch stands over you, your still beating heart in her hands and you'll be glad of the £50 you saved for a drink.

Trust me.

7. it's true you may have next rank up as a gift from the queen (at least to full screw anyway :? )

8. chrisg46

i have to admit, although it doesnt seem right, i do have a vague foggy idea that i have seen some mates get married with too many stripes there...

9. What he said.

You can wear the rank above to get hitched.............Dunno why, but you can. Seen mates do it, if in doubt phone the badge.

10. No doubt about it – you are on the receiving end of a wind up. Just think about the beers/extras when the photos circulate. However, as has been said above, take advice from the RSM/Adjt (preferably written!).

11. All i'm going to say on that is bettymoo

12. chrisg46

It would appear to be true, but only if you have no rank....