• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Last MGM-52 Lance missile firing Hebrides

Raven2008

On ROPS
On ROPs
Did we initially do all the Lance missile practice firings over in the USA to begin with? I just came across this youtube vid of last firing done at the Outer Hebrides

cheers

That looks like Launch Area 2, this is now used for targetry with Rapier being fired from LA 1 and 3.

Firings were done in Germany. The problem with Lance was the fuel system. It required a special course for class 1 ammo techs just to handle and store it.

That looks like Launch Area 2, this is now used for targetry with Rapier being fired from LA 1 and 3.

Firings were done in Germany. The problem with Lance was the fuel system. It required a special course for class 1 ammo techs just to handle and store it.
And move it...

IRFNA as I recall. Just the thing to strap onto your rattly old Militant Mk1

Inhibited Red Fuming Nitric Acid

Did we initially do all the Lance missile practice firings over in the USA to begin with? I just came across this youtube vid of last firing done at the Outer Hebrides

cheers
How I miss being out in weather like that.

Said nobody, ever.

Not so sure of that, the inhibitor was there to prevent the nitric acid from reacting with its containers so I’m not sure it’ll dissolve a body.

IRFNA is the oxidiser, the other propellant is fuel, I think it was UDMH, which is pretty stable.

IRFNA is the oxidiser, the other propellant is fuel, I think it was UDMH, which is pretty stable.
UDMH = Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine

Remembered from a boyhood enthusiasm for the American space programme (I think) though I had to google it for the spelling!

ugly

LE

cheers
That looks less like a missile launch and more like a freemasons initiation!