Last man turn the lights off - XMG closes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Mar 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

2. Very true - iconic location for many people, for many years. RIP all who sadly did not return. I assume that in this new era of peace, stabilty and understanding that the NI assembly will call for a suitable memorial to be erected in their' memory.

3. in_the_cheapseats

Fcuk all chance - remember the Lynx crash a couple of weeks ago? The caring public of Xmg stoned the ambulance crews. There would be no chance any kind of memorial lasting.

4. I wonder what the plan will be for policing the town. A single member of the PSNI carrying out a foot patrol on the Ardross or Lismore estates ? Probably be made very welcome by the locals.....I don't think.

5. I think the chances of a memorial are zero judging by what that loathsome SF MP said of the British"occupation" of the area.
    R.I.P. to all the brave soldiers and policemen who died there.The name XMG is a tribute to the superb professionalism of the British army who were magnificent in Ulster for 30 odd years.

6. in_the_cheapseats

I'd prefer to raze it to the ground

7. The new hotspot in XMG and entertainment is apparently just a click away. Sadly after a different sort of click, many got more than entertainment.

RIP to those who were murdered by feinian scum.

8. "We do not negotiate with terrorists"

What a load of bollocks. I fucking hate politicians. Truly the end of an era.

9. Another BAD legacy left over by Blair and Labour - can someone please tell me who voted/votes for an organisation which treats its subjects the way this government has?

10. XMG - Home of the world's most expensive cornflakes, proudly delivered by RAF Helicopter IIRC - always prefered cornflake bash to ammo bash anyday...

Perhaps NIs energy should come from a new (but faulty) Nucular reactor built on the site, but then, I'm a bitter person at the best of times....

I wonder who's got the XMG sign, you know, the one shaped like the MG car badge, modern squaddie art at its best!

11. Probably much the same as large parts of the rest of the country - none at that are realistically going to work unless there's a serious change of attitude towards the police by the local cretins. Certain parts are effectively "no go zones" for local patrolling. Bliar's lasting legacy of peace, even with the Shinners signed up to policing.
    Last squaddie out, don't forget to close the gate behind you!

12. Wonder what poor old S*** M****Y is doing now? Wonder if he' like a goodwill visit by admirers of his :?: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: