Last item of World War Two equipment in service with British Forces

Never seen green , only the red and yellow , it was a bright yellow as well rather than off white . We use a unscented soap bought from Salisbury's at home too due to the wife having sensitive skin and perfumed soap bringing her out in a rash ( She is a ginger and moonlight/sunlight does the same )
Teach you not to marry a vampire then...;)

Has anyone mentioned the Tilley Lamp yet?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Can't say I've seen it mentioned, last one I saw was in 2014 in an SQ's store in the disposals pile.
If they are still in service I don't think they get taken out much, if at all, and I'm sure the only people that would know how to work them are the sorts with jobs that don't go anywhere that the use of one would be required.

Has anyone mentioned the Tilley Lamp yet?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
All of ours were backloaded four or five years ago. I managed to acquire one and it's damn useful for camping trips and during winter power cuts!

Going back to my earlier post about 81mm practice barrels, one of ours is stamped "ORD ML 3IN 1939". Eighty years old and still in constant use.

When did the Webley and Scott No4 flare pistol go out of service? I used to have to check them and the flares when servicing the Hercs. I’m sure they were still fitted in 2003 when I was posted from Lyneham and were removed when posted back in 2009.

RP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Porridge_gun Remembrance - Auctions forum 23
drillpig69 Classified Ads 1
Porridge_gun Charity Auctions 14