Last item of World War Two equipment in service with British Forces

The orientation of the belt is incorrect in relation to the pouches, large pack, etc. The small metal loops should be at the bottom edge in order to attach the bum roll. Pay more attention to the locker layout next time and . . . GET AWAYYYYYYY!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The orientation of the belt is incorrect in relation to the pouches, large pack, etc. The small metal loops should be at the bottom edge in order to attach the bum roll. Pay more attention to the locker layout next time and . . . GET AWAYYYYYYY!!!!

Upside down AND back to front/inside out...

Kids today eh? ;-)

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Talking of 58 pattern. Green PLCE came in @1990. It is now 2019. There are full career ex soldiers out there who know not of the joys of cotton 58 pattern webbing.

Last edited:
Talking of 58 pattern. Green PLCE came in @1990.it is now 2019. There are full career ex soldiers out there who know not of the joys of cotton 58 pattern webbing.
I didn't mind it.

why? he just said get away not show parade 2200hr guardroom
"Get away" means directly to the guard room, do no pass go and do not collect £200. Once there beastings usually commenced. This could be in addition to a show parade later in the day.

Lanyards have had a pretty long service life. Are any still in use? I use an RN one for my sailing knife that I use everyday on the farm. Saved me several times from losing the knife.

my dear chap being ex crab, the guardroom was for dropping off hire cars
And somewhere for the barrier techs to shelter out of the rain, I understand.

True Oh wise one, but that rare and elusive breed of homo sapiens have been in existence since the Brown Bess was first mooted as a good idea. Where large amounts of dosh is involved, the deep thinking ones that control the purse strings of The monarchs military, will always without fail cock it up, IE:- The SA80, £55,000,000 to modify, beacause they would not listen to the Ghurkhas tasked with evaluating the weapon. 1980, post Ex crusader 80, No POL in BAOR. All used up, And none forthcoming for about 4 weeks, MOD Fcuked up the admin, and we resorted to pushing wagons from the garages to the LAD, in winter, over frost covered cobbles, no load testing of genny sets, a complete clusterfuck, bean counters at MOD should be shot.
I doubt that this was so-called MOD Beancounters and more to do with crap logistics at unit or formation level. But much easier to blame some underpaid faceless CS who has nothing to do with the granularity of POL supplies to the 3rd Bn LOAM LAD workshop.

Talking of 58 pattern. Green PLCE came in @1990. It is now 2019. There are full career ex soldiers out there who know not of the joys of cotton 58 pattern webbing.

As a somewhat unhinged individual, I used '58 Pattern webbing of my own volition for my BCCS exercise in phase 2 back in 2010.

Although I swapped out the kidney pouches with an S6 haversack and used the bergen side pouch daysack affair in lieu of the large pack.

If I could get the pouches re-designed to carry the requisite number of SA-80 magazines, a slightly better buckle system on said pouches and a belt that didn't come undone every time one got in the prone position, and if I could get away with wearing it I'd still use it now.

Well, the Gunners gave up their original lanyard some time ago...they manage to make do with a white one these days! :)
Doubtless a Gunner will be along shortly to say it's all a myth - best keep an eye on other threads though because they might have missed this one! ;)

I did read somewhere that in the RA context Ubique doesn't mean 'Everywhere', but literally [put those fires] 'all over the place'!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Are these still around?

fa kit.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Porridge_gun Remembrance - Auctions forum 23
drillpig69 Classified Ads 1
Porridge_gun Charity Auctions 14