last interview before selection

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by matty1989, Jun 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place and if its been done before but i used search and didnt see any on there.

Have just come back from my local AFCO and have been given security clearance for the intelligence corps and have my final interview before selection. Do I just need to know what i knew for my previous interview (where i'll do training/what is covered in training, fitness levels etc) or will i be asked about more detailed things such as key points in the history of the corps, current operations, who the colonel of the corps is etcetc?

any help greatly appreciated, Matt.

2. My second interview covered similiar questions to my first, as well as infomation like how long and what will be covered in training, where you will be going for training, how much you will be paid, what the drugs policy is, how long you must serve, where the army is serving at the moment, other places you may be stationed, what goes on at the selection centre and what preparation you have been doing for the selection centre.

As well as that you may ask questions yourself. Brush up on all three of your job choices as you'll be tested on all of them.

3. thanking you for that nice clear sensible answer :)

4. Personally I was just asked everything again but by someone higher up

5. And you havent got Security Clearance yet young man, trust me

6. ok, changed that, only thought i did because i went to my afco to find out where the form that was sent to chicksands was up to and i was told that i was all clear on it :oops:

7. No problem. Make sure you are dressed smart of course and keep in mind one thing: they want you to pass as much as you do. It's a formal interview but it's a friendly atmostphere so don't be nervous.

And one of the questions I got stuck on: name a few good qualities about yourself as well as a few not-so-good ones. Think of a few now so you are prepared - I guess it's not overly important but every little helps.

You should get given an ADSC date either at the interview or you'll get a phonecall a day or two later with the date.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on.

8. Just know all about the job brief on OPMI and why you want to join the int corps, other than that what everyone else said, its extremely similar to your first interview, just usually someone higher up comes and does it, which has already been said :)

9. you should also read up on the terms of service/colours , short/full/long careers etc etc they need to know that you have taken the time to read and understand it and that you know exactly what is what etc.

smart dress , grown up attitude , lot's of confidence and eye contact.

good luck,

10. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Just wanted to say Good Luck

11. I have mine tomorrow mate.

Best of Luck.

12. just_me : its so much easier to think of bad things than good, not saying im all bad but talking about my good points i dont particularly want to sound big-headed :s

Theralas and gemsipot : thanks, have seen a few of your posts around here already as well as on here

zer0 : thanks and good luck with your one, feel free to come back and let us know how you got on with it

Mine isnt till the 25th of this month anyway but i really want to 'get it down' so i dont mess up the interview, thanks for the advice peeps, appreciate it :)

13. Don't worry about sounding big-headed! Just think of a few like Determination, Honesty and the like.

14. Hey all, mine went stunningly well. It was with a WO2 and far less formal than I'd imagined.

You'll breeze it Matty. Good luck.

15. good to hear zer0 :), cheers, ill check back in here when i've had mine