Last in the Eurovision

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dragstrip, May 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see we came last in the Eurovision this year. If there ever was a guage of a state's popularity within the EU...

2. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Who cares about coming last, did you see how fit that german bird was and a tops song to boot.

The Ukranian bird would have got it too, that see through number she was wearing, was rather nice.

3. Wales ( Cyprus) beat the English LOL

4. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Concidering Wales comes under the UK, i doubt that. Unless you mean Cyprus, but then your would be wrong again, as only 2 of the 5 members were Welsh, 2 were English and 1 Cyprut.

So Wales didn't beat them at all did they.

5. Since Wogan gave up presenting it it's gone down hill!
    It's so much more political these days too.

6. Who cares? I'm certainly glad we didn't win it, as the country that does has to pay for the next one.....

7. recorded in Wales, the only Cypriot thing about it was the writer, they all come from some collage in the vallys

8. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

No one is deffinitly from Cyprus and 2 (the married couple) are English. There was an interview with them where they said so.

9. Sorry,Did not watch the show only going by the BBC Wales thingy on it this morning

10. Was hoping Greece was gonna win, next years competition would have been held in a shed.
    Its a giggle to watch especially when the voting starts, its so bleeding obvious, but who really cares.

CG

11. Sod winning, who the hell wants to be known as the country that won the Eurovision?? I'm glad we came last, if anything that gives us more credability.

12. Agree with Dollsteeth. The Italians have the right idea and just don't bother.

However, I didn't see the whole show but what language did most of the competitors (including the winner) sing in ? I think that says more.

13. Which will p*ss the French off far more than them beating us will compensate!

14. Exactly !

15. It was markedly noticeable that 38 of the 39 voting countries gave their results in English, the only country to refuse and speak in their native tongue…

The French find it impossible to acknowledge the fact the English is the universal language :D :D :D