Last day of the season

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Jan 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Alright, game birds finish on the 1st Feb but for most of us today the 30th Jan was our last day.
    Did anyone get a beaters day in? I spent last saturday having one in Hants and today ran one on our little wood here in Sussex.
    see the blog for pics.
    I've also been sent pics by one of the regular guns whose son managed a woodcock on the first drive.
    Well as I told the guns, the new season may not start till October legally, it starts for us next weekend with a work party and topping up of the feeders!
  2. Just had an outstanding day out in North Yorks, much better than you would expect for the end of the season. As with you admin next weekend, and still planning to get a small potting about shoot in before the season closes
  3. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

Had a good day out today, but our last day will be on Monday. Our shooting ground lies between two major shoots, pheasant one side, partridge the other. Feeders are all topped up and we are awaiting a fine day on Monday. Excellent.
  4. Shot yesterday with final count of 102 head of pheasant, ducks, woodcock. Got Monday to look forward to as well. Mega!!
  5. Had to turn back from our last club shoot of the season due to snow. I wasn't going to stay at home today, especially the way the dog was looking at me, so managed a walk around on a bit of farmland I've got permission on and ended up with 1 woodcock in the bag.

It may not sound like a good day but it's one that will stay with me for a very long time.

All the best until next season.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its the ones you remember that count!
  7. Had a great day on Saturday, not a massive bag, but then again we only put 100birds down. We finished up on three ponds for some duck flighting and enjoyed the teal screaming in for about an hour :)
  8. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

That's it then for another year. Our last day was great, four of us at our walk up shoot, 31 pheasant 11 partridge. Beautiful frosty sunny day overlooking the sea. Two pints in the pub at the end of the day. Roll on next season.