Last Battle of Britain Pilot.

Not sure if this is the correct site but I’m sure someone will redirect me.
With the passing of the last BoB ace, there are, apparently only two survivors left.
Just wondering if there is anything planned to commemorate these heroes when the last one goes.
I recall the funeral for Harry Patch and thought there might be something similar.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
I posted on it & so did someone before me, unless this another of the brave few?

Not sure if this is the correct site but I’m sure someone will redirect me.
With the passing of the last BoB ace, there are, apparently only two survivors left.
Just wondering if there is anything planned to commemorate these heroes when the last one goes.
I recall the funeral for Harry Patch and thought there might be something similar.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No idea. I don't think it's form to anticipate them passing in advance. However, perhaps the RAF, Duxford and Boultbee Academy might do something after the event.

ETA if all of these chaps have gone as well there should be some representation for and mark of respect for them too. Non-British personnel in the RAF during the Battle of Britain - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I think there's going to be an undignified scramble (pun not intended) among the low grade red top "journalists" to be the first to report when the final BoB aircrew passes away. The same will happen when the final combatant of WW2 goes, in not too many years from now. Whatever they do, I'd like to think it might be appropriately respectful.

I think there's going to be an undignified scramble (pun not intended) among the low grade red top "journalists" to be the first to report when the final BoB aircrew passes away. The same will happen when the final combatant of WW2 goes, in not too many years from now. Whatever they do, I'd like to think it might be appropriately respectful.
My Bold. Highly unlikely!

Latest Threads