LAST 50 Not Working - Known Problem

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Apr 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Another fun evening has been had by the ARRSE Admin team following some sort of power outage in the place where our servers are hosted. Although the backup power supply kicked in there has been all sorts of weirdness going on that we've finally managed to sort (probably). Under threat of genital mutilation & divorce (probably in that order) we've had to stack for the night but we're well aware that we've not fixed everything. One of these is the Last 50 which we'll try and get sorted first thing tomorrow ....

Apologies but pse bear with us

2. Many thanks for the update. The divorce will happen anyway best get it over with.

3. BadCO - last 50 failed before the major outage last night....

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

The first outage was very brief so was probably missed by most people. This took down our search server which exists purely to generate the Last 50. Later on we had another power outage which took everything down all night! Although we've restored all the other servers (load balancer, two times apache servers, database server) the search server is still offline.

Nightmare .......

5. It's not good I've even had to interact with my neighbour the fat twat.

6. It's fine now

7. Sounds all a bit complicated and busy....keep up the good work...it is appreciated.

8. Seconded.

I can only speak for myself but I did miss Arrse even for the short time it was down. Thank you for putting your reproductive organs and marriages (in that order) on the line to bring it back to life.

My boss has now remembered what my name is and that I do in fact work for him, having actually clapped eyes on me during today's shift. A touch inconvenient for today but nothing that a change of suit and hairstyle on Monday won't solve.

Grazie mille,

Signora Borgia x