Last 50 - how does it work?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Sympathetic_Reaction, May 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Just wondering as I posted a new post at 18:10 this evening and a check on 'last 50' in the past 5 minutes (19:15) doesn't show it, but it does show 5 or 10 posts where the last post was yesterday and a signficant number where the last posts were at 01:00 this morning.

Is it broken or doesn't it actually show what i think it should show?

S_R

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Shit. Look, we **** about with the Last 50 thing every now and then. We are trying to drive a boring git to madness and suicide. But it is not you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. I think its been feeling a bit unwell all afternoon?

Q.

4. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

It's still doing wierd things - just checking it this morning it seems that it is putting up the same posts in the same order just with new info on the dates/times of the last post....so the 4th on the list was updated yesterday.

5. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Every time I have used Last 50 today I get a No match error box.

6. HHH

HHH LE

The "new posts" tab, on the top left of the page, will give you, very similar results as "last 50".

7. Now I am a boring **** when it comes to things like this. Well actually, I think its to do with change. Yeah, thats it; I dont like change.

So when something like the Last 50 goes tits up I need to use something else and currently I'm using New Posts. Buts its not the same, it dont feel right. Fix the Last 50,y'dig?

8. This is what I get when I use 'Last 50',

vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Try 'New Posts' instead.

9. I sent a PM to GCO earlier about this, so the grownups are aware of the issue ...

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Hi, sorry about the long delay in fixing that. I was tied up on something else yesterday and didn't check the site until late.

11. Thanks, GCO.

Regards,

Q.

12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

13. Ooo, For me Sir?

Thank you Sir. Just what I have always wanted. It's good to know that my efforts are recognised and rewarded.

14. >;)
    10 white