• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Last 20 Posts Search

I've remade this as "Last 20 Lite". If you have linked to the old one please update your link to here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/search2.html

This is much faster than the old one which needed a LOT of processing. It's although is not quite finished - there is no link to the user's profile for example. I will finish this later but have to go now.

Fingers crossed.

Boss, as soon as you click on any link on the last 20 it takes you to the Arrse home page?

Nice and fast but clicking on a thread link takes you to the home page.

Bugger! Beat me to it!

It did but it doesn't now. cancel my last.

Your right, you know

How dare you all doubt me - I NEVER make a mistake with site function :)

The last 20 posts page doesnt have the link to the last page/post of the thread. When you click on it, it just takes you to the first page. Quite clumsy.

The main page only has the 7 last posts and isn't user friendly. I think most members use the last 20 post function more but it just isn't a great interface now. We may be making the site more inviting to new comers but what about all us old fcukers who actively resist change??

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
The last 20 posts page doesnt have the link to the last page/post of the thread. When you click on it, it just takes you to the first page. Quite clumsy.
well - for me it's not like that - it takes me to the last page

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
The main page only has the 7 last posts and isn't user friendly. I think most members use the last 20 post function more but it just isn't a great interface now. We may be making the site more inviting to new comers but what about all us old fcukers who actively resist change??
nice to meet you - what a brilliant way to introduce yourself :D
*scnr*

@ good_co / bad_co
i guess it's not a mistake that 'the arrse hole' as a forum isn't listed in the last 20 posts if there is a topic amongst them ;)

Like I said at the start, it's not finished. It was a rush job this morning to keep the site running well. I will polish it but didn't have time today. Also when we have more power we'll go back to the Gucci version.

If the lite (sic) version is working on a cached basis, please can we increase it to, say, the last 50 posts?

Pretty please :)

Oh, and I'm sure you've got this in hand, but the font in inconsistent across the row.

PB

I haven't finished it - if you want the nicer font and 50 shall we go back to it and have a dead site for the rest of the day like yesterday? :)

Oh ye gods - what have I done?! The fonts are exactly the same as the search has been for the last 2 weeks. I will never draw attention to anything again. OK, Ill try and crack all this now.

The fonts are exactly the same as the topics lists in the forums pages, so if I change one the other will change. Given that among all the comments about the new theme there have been no other complaints about this, and I like the fact that it takes up less space I will leave it alone, sorry.

OK:

Topic link now takes you to the last post in every thread, although I'm sure someone was saying it should go to the first a day or so ago, but anyway....

Now shows 50 posts.

Font will stay the same though.

How's that for service?

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Love the 50 posts thingy, now howabout a coffee, milk 1 sugar please.

You are the boss, Boss!

Thanks, it's nice to know someone listens :p

It just looked odd to me that the font size in the DTG and view count columns was larger than in the hyperlinked columns.