Last 20 Posts Search

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've remade this as "Last 20 Lite". If you have linked to the old one please update your link to here:

This is much faster than the old one which needed a LOT of processing. It's although is not quite finished - there is no link to the user's profile for example. I will finish this later but have to go now.

Fingers crossed.
  2. Boss, as soon as you click on any link on the last 20 it takes you to the Arrse home page?
  3. Nice and fast but clicking on a thread link takes you to the home page.

Bugger! Beat me to it!
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

No it doesn't :)
  5. It did but it doesn't now. cancel my last.
  6. Your right, you know
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

How dare you all doubt me - I NEVER make a mistake with site function :)
  8. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

all links working and it's really fast :thumleft:
  9. The last 20 posts page doesnt have the link to the last page/post of the thread. When you click on it, it just takes you to the first page. Quite clumsy.

The main page only has the 7 last posts and isn't user friendly. I think most members use the last 20 post function more but it just isn't a great interface now. We may be making the site more inviting to new comers but what about all us old fcukers who actively resist change??
  10. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

well - for me it's not like that - it takes me to the last page

nice to meet you - what a brilliant way to introduce yourself :D

@ good_co / bad_co
    i guess it's not a mistake that 'the arrse hole' as a forum isn't listed in the last 20 posts if there is a topic amongst them ;)
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Like I said at the start, it's not finished. It was a rush job this morning to keep the site running well. I will polish it but didn't have time today. Also when we have more power we'll go back to the Gucci version.
  12. If the lite (sic) version is working on a cached basis, please can we increase it to, say, the last 50 posts?

Pretty please :)

Oh, and I'm sure you've got this in hand, but the font in inconsistent across the row.

13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I haven't finished it - if you want the nicer font and 50 shall we go back to it and have a dead site for the rest of the day like yesterday? :)
  14. 20 Lite is good only request would be larger font to aid clarity
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Oh ye gods - what have I done?! The fonts are exactly the same as the search has been for the last 2 weeks. I will never draw attention to anything again. OK, Ill try and crack all this now.