Last 15mins of the Green Jackets - CHOSEN MEN! ON ME!

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Mister_Angry, Jan 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Raised several glasses already, but preparing for the last one.

Here's to absent friends and new beginnings.
  2. New Beginnings and Friends that can't be here to see it.

3. Congratulations. You are now the sproggiest regiment in the army!

Body Armour and helmet on - "Incoming!!!"
  4. :salut:

A great shame and a loss of our history.
  5. Not quite yet ... :thumright:
  6. OK. Now we are.

7. So that's it. Can't quite believe it.

Gutted. Glass raised to my Brother Riflemen.

Night all - all the best!
  8. Not a jacket but worked with a few. Cheers Boys!
  9. Hello and Welcome The Rifles
  10. LONG live the BLOODY XI
    RIFLES here we come

11. We fell in on the left yesterday, today, and forever.

Swift and Bold!
  12. Disgusted with this farcical Government, the Jocks and now one of the oldest and proudest Units in the British Army, am a former Sapper myself but was with 2RGJ in Wainwright back in 90 before we departed to the sandy place Round One... Great Unit and a great bunch of chaps back then, we were honourary 'Riflemen' for 6 weeks anyway!!!

Farewell to a Great Unit!!!

ARRSE to Bliar and Co.!!!
  13. To be fair Gundulph the name has changed, the RGJ was created by the voluntary merger of Ox & Bucks LI, KRRC & RB back in the 60's and we never forgot our roots. This is another forward looking voluntary merger and is entirely in the spirit of RGJ and its predecessors. We have come out of it with our ethos intact, better opportunities for our people, and in the LI we join with long standing brothers from the light division.

It is harder for gizmodnd and the like, since much of what they have bought into is alien to them, but they come from regiments with proud histories and top reputations so they'll soon adapt and all the original Light Div blokes I have spoken to are pleased they chose to come to the party.

I joined the RGJ 30 years ago and have served as a regular, TA and now Cadet AI. The regiment has had a profound impact on my life and I'll miss it. But I am genuinely pleased that we took the bull by the horns and think the right decision was made.

The Future is Green, The Future is RIFLES!
  14. but sadly part of a much smaller infantry in a much smaller army.