Last 12 Months.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Aintbrokedontfixit, May 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me a quick answer on the following.
    One of our lads has been told he is not being re-engaged after his run out date next month. He was told this only last month.

I have a vague recollection of a case again at our unit of the same thing happening and the person in question succesfully argued they should have been given 12 months notice of intention not to be re-engaged after run out date.

Question- Should you be given the 12 months notice or can you be told 'No Re engagement'.

2. msr

msr LE

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

He had all the notice he needed when he signed his original engagement - it told him from day 1 when it would run out.

If your unit are not willing to reengage him it is because he is:

a) Too old, or

b) Such an admin vortex/waste of rations that they would rather have a PiD unfilled than filled by him.

Either way it is not looking good!

4. My unit had a discapline and admin nightmare who continually got away with it, he actually in a rare show of admin volunteered the fact that he was due to re-engage soon and could he do the paperwork before he went on holiday the PSAO jumped on the fact and declined to re-engage him.

5. msr

msr LE

It's not the PSAO's call... but fair play to him :)

6. Its happening to three blokes and none of them are admin vortex they all fill rolls that and are doing their job but all are a bit long in the tooth but by no means past it, we would feel their loss as all three are commited just seems their faces dont fit with some of the headshead.
    After reading the regs my opinion is they cant just not reengage them without good reason.

7. It was in this case as We had no OC at the time

8. msr

msr LE

It's the CO's call.

msr

9. I was under the impression that you could be told to hand your kit in and do one at any time.

10. Thats certainly not the case otherwise all the non attenders could be got rid of no problems as it is they have to have letters sent and be given time to reply ect.

11. my bold - with what? - egg mayo? ham????

12. Its hard on them if they want to continue, but I'm glad to hear of a unit that can afford to thin out folk. All too often the cry is "OK, He's shite but who will replace him...." I heard the Bde Comd say that just as I left the room last week..... :D