Laser tattoo removal

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BillytheBastard, Nov 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone had any experience of laser tattoo removal?
    From what I can gather it takes quite a few sessions and it's not cheap. has anyone been through it?
    does it work? Is it worth it? Will it completely remove shit tattoos?
    Cheers,
    The Bastard.

2. I have had extensive laser treatment, some of the tats disappeared completely, the main problem is green, and lighter colours. I think my total spend is in excess of 4,000 pounds, and I have pretty much given up on it now, that is until they come up with a better treatment, Oh and it bloody hurts as well.

PM me if you want to know more

3. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

I spent £2.5k having an £8 tattoo removed, most went but I also have the green still there plain to see

4. Dig them off with a knife?

Grind them off with an angle grinder?

Cheaper

5. Piranha
    Wolverine
    Lawyer
    Mother in law.

6. There is an ex army medic who now does tattoo removal with the cream that that is tattooed into the old tat and breaks Down the ink. Pm me if u want details. He is in the south area

7. 'Anyone had any experience of laser tattoo removal?' - Why, were you in the Waffen SS?

8. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I had mine done free.

I was booked in for some laser eye surgery and a kidney stone zapping. Instead of presenting my Orb and pisstank I simply bared the Lion eating a Unicorn sandwich for them to zap.

I'm on my 431st appointment, it should be gone by 2017 although by then my cataract will be big enough for a badger to play in.

• Like Like x 4

9. Angle grinder works best and leaves brilliant walting scars. If you can't get a free pint or a legover showing those you need to reread the ArrsePedia entry on walting with confidence.

10. I can confirm that it hurts like a bastard and the smell of your own skin burning isn't pleasant if badly hungover as I was. Only had one session as it was mainly to knock the colour out of the old tatt ready for a design over the top . My good mate didn't bother with this advice so on his oh so trendy sleeve design, you can clearly see the Wile E Coyote holding a stick of dynamite that he had done in training .

11. It works but it hurts like buggery and it costs a bomb!

12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If I said that I don't have a laser tattoo, would I have to fetch my coat and call for a taxi?

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Fucking puffs. You put your money on the nose and you ride your pony.

I have the worlds worst tat at the top of my right shoulder. It says "Mum" with pink and red hearts around it. I wanted "Wow" but I was pissed as a rat, upside down and the tattooist was a fucking Pikey off of the fair. And I was 16 years old. It is a complete embarrassment to me and all in sundry.

Would I have it removed? Take a wild guess.

If you thought it was clever at the time, stand by it. It's a bit like your first wife, you know?

14. You've the I.Q. of a toaster havent you?