Laser Eye Surgey to correct bad vision????

Morning Chaps

need some advice if possible , I am currently putting in an application for the reserves and my eyesight does not meet the minimum requirements of +6 to -6 and i was denied before on these grounds. I have waited 6 months so my name isnt fresh in the system , I am booked in to get laser eye surgery ( PRK ) does anyone know if i can get in with corrected vision by laser eye surgery ??

Regards Jimbo

Morning Chaps

need some advice if possible , I am currently putting in an application for the reserves and my eyesight does not meet the minimum requirements of +6 to -6 and i was denied before on these grounds. I have waited 6 months so my name isnt fresh in the system , I am booked in to get laser eye surgery ( PRK ) does anyone know if i can get in with corrected vision by laser eye surgery ??

Regards Jimbo

No. They look at your pre-surgery prescription. Waiting 6 months won’t hide your file in any way.

No. They look at your pre-surgery prescription. Waiting 6 months won’t hide your file in any way.
i wasnt trying to hide my file persay bob but have left it so i wasnt fresh in the doctors memory more to the point , I was told buy a few people that I could get the laser eye surgery and join is there anything official you reccommend i look at because i really dont want to give up on applying

i wasnt trying to hide my file persay bob but have left it so i wasnt fresh in the doctors memory more to the point , I was told buy a few people that I could get the laser eye surgery and join is there anything official you reccommend i look at because i really dont want to give up on applying

You can get the surgery if your eyes are already within +6 to -6 range. But now they “know” you are outside the range, if you show up with perfect vision it will raise a red flag.

You can of course appeal but it will be an uphill struggle as you will be challenging the standards themselves. If you are _only just_ outside the range there is the possibility that you had a bad day on your last test and a retest with a different optician would yield a different prescription.

The standards are set out in two documents called JSP950 and PAP10 so you can read them and see exactly what the recruitment doctor is judging you on. Good luck.

Screenshot_20200915-084419_Drive.jpg

Found this pointer in JSP950 if it's any help

Chef

LE
I looked into this a while back. When I noticed that at least one of the surgeons who carries out the ops still wore glasses himself I gave it the elbow.

Latest Threads