Larkhill/Tidworth/Bul married quarters

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by dirk_digler, Oct 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone please give me information on officer married quarters for these garrisons? I was told at a visit to Larkhill that good ones are few and far between and it is not uncommon for couples to have to rent privately.

I have put down 1RHA/19 as prefered postings
  2. What stage are you at in your career?
  3. would be first tour out of Sandbags. joined married
  4. What woul you have done if the Internet not been invented? Driven down there? Rang someone up! Had a surprise left in your life?
  5. As much as i love a good suprise i thought it best to have a wee goosey seeing as the wife asked. terrible burden these spouses
  6. So you are at Sandhurst now? Commissioning in December? You should be aware that 19 will be on tour by the time you are finishing YO's. In answer to your question I don't think that they will ask you to rent privately, however both regiments have just got bigger, 19 by a TAC battery.
  7. commission april, YOs then to regiment October time?? do you know what the married pads are like? either at larkhill or tidworth? also have two little ones to think of
  8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

The ones I'm aware of are old, either 1930s or 1950s. Swings and roundabouts, older quarters tend to be bigger than new ones in terms of space but often lack modern fittings. Though there's been alot of upgrading of kitchens and central heating in the last 5 years.

Try the patchpedia link at the top of the page.
  9. They tried putting me and the wife into Bishops Close/Church Lane in Tidworth, really small terraces with a garden either big enough for a laundry carousel or a garden table and chairs but not both. Kicked up a big stink as it just wasn't good enough....

Actually we kicked up a stink because they were trying to put us onto the KRH patch with all their subalterns and wives not to mention all the screaming inbred children..... Happily accepted the next quarter in Bulford even though it was condemned purely because we wouldn't have to put up with the KRH
  10. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

I lived on Furze Hill Road - nice big 3 bedroom houses similar to the ones in Larkhill and some in Bulford. Biggest kitchen I have ever had (including 3 major's quarters). Thoroughly enjoyed Tidworth - against Azrael's previous comment, I found the KRH and 1 RHA formed the predominant social grouping on the patch and made some great friends who I'm still in regular touch with. Agree that Bishop's Close houses are to be avoided especially if you have two children - miniscule upstairs and small galley kitchen. Unfortunately DHE are playing the Majors into Type V card regularly and so you may find Furze Hill Road full of sub-unit comds.C_C