Larkhill for 3 days..

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Locky, Dec 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i got a letter from the royal artillery inviteing me down to laarkhill, 2 nights 3 days, ive just sent my letter off with my dates (i intend to go there) anybody been to one of these what is it like and can you explain in more detail what you do ? (the letter was brief just said about regiments and weapon fire)
  2. Are you referring to an Officers Fam Visit? (It's "Larkhill")

There's some gen on it over in the "Officers" forum if so, under the AOSB thread, in the last couple of pages.

Edit for mong spelling... D'oh!
  3. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

... or possibly 'Larkhill'!
  4. Shhhh... I was hoping to catch him out!

Or possibly I just made a fundamental mistake.

Either way, it's not "laarkhill" unless it is being written as spoken by some Londoner. :D
  5. Locky. the fam visits used to be, but I had heard not now, as follows:

go to Larkhill. See some Gunner kit.
    Drink till you die.
    Do a BFT/BPFA/Fitness test REALLY EARLY.
    See some live firing.
    Talk to some serving officers (there will be hosts for the visit - chosen each time from different Regiments), see the presentations.
    go home.

I found it really worthwhile and it helped to confirm my choice of arm (pre-Sandhurst where you get the hard sell all over again). It is also funa nd you get to meet other people in the same boat as you.

Hopefully you will "click" to the people around you, like what you see and ask for sponsorship to AOSB from the Gunners.

If you dont, dont ever darken this forum again....joking!!
  6. thankyou for your reply, im defo going to go mid january i think it will be :)
  7. Should be nice and cold for you at that time of year.