Largest fox killed in UK.

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by buttonsin3s, Mar 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A fox believed to be the biggest killed in Britain was shot after attacking lambs on an Aberdeenshire farm.

It weighed 38lb 1oz and was 4ft 9in from its nose to the tip of its tail. On average the animals tend to weigh up to about 15lbs.

That's some size of a beastie.

BBC News - 'Largest fox killed in UK' shot on Aberdeenshire farm
  2. "Jonathan Reynolds, senior research scientist at the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust (GWCT), said: "A 38lbs fox would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

"We don't know why they are getting bigger, but one possible explanation is that they are getting better fed in urban areas."

Well Mr are a bit of a cock! Rothiemay is about as far from being Urban as you can get!!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Impressive picture, Wonder if it'll get stuffed or anyalized to see what steroids it's been using!
  4. Depends on whether or not people are dumping 'rescued' urban foxes in the area as they do across Devon from time to time.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Took no pleasure from it? I'd have that sheep stealing varmint strapped to the front of my car!
  6. Damn was so disappointed not to see Samantha Fox strung up then realised we werent in the NAAFI.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Foxes as big as Roe deer, fuckwitted mooncalves in silk suits running parliament, all of Europe's money spiralling up some old greek bloke's ********, floating eyetie gin palaces falling from the skies with every tide, alien hovercraft up Rolf Harris's arse, cat litter mines on the moon.........uncanny......

.......cider Annie's prophesies all appear to be coming true!
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Did it taste like chicken or lamb?
  9. Piss and vinegar I believe, it had eaten a ginger earlier in the week.
  10. Wowser!

Diesel and Kadie would have had fun with that :)
  11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I thought you were quoting headlines from the Sunday Sport. You missed "London bus found on the moon."
  12. Is it not Dales ginger dog?
  13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Read about this yesterday. They had a quote from somebody from some organisation called The Fox Preservation Society or some such. Batting on about how they save endangered urban foxes who are dead cuddly really. The article claimed that super size foxes could be down to people feeding them dog food. So I went to see if I could find the quote.

I didn't. Because I was stopped dead in my tracks by something called The National Fox Welfare Society suggesting we all leave jam butties, or Marmite or honey ones for foxes. To cure mange in foxes.

Jam butties could cure killer disease affecting Birmingham foxes - Sunday Mercury

I am fairly sure these people do not live in the country? Jam butties. No wonder they are getting to be the size of horses. Jesus.
  14. Very very clever,shooting a healthy well grown fox,suppose it will end up stuffed and the shooter can then have bragging rights earn himself a few drinks,,,Brings to mind the guy who killed the last breeding pair of Dodo,,he didn't brag for long.....
  15. MTFU, your quim is dripping.
    • Like Like x 5