"Large rise in number of rapes in IDF"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/816513.html

I hope our Israeli friends will resolve this problem.

2. Bugger Me! At least the Sovs in '45 picked on every female not in their army.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Hmm the usual suspect!!!

4. Bye Sergey.

5. http://www.palgrave-usa.com/catalog/product.aspx?isbn=023050647X

6. Good bye Rickshaw!

7. Not another anti-Israeli thread by Sergey? What is the cause of your fixation with all things Israeli?

Still pales into comparison with what the Red Army perpetrated in Germany and Eastern/Central Europe.

8. Not of course forgetting the countless rapes by British soldiers over the years.

9. Ironically many of the new IDF recruits are of Russian background.

The oldest counterpropaganda trick in the book; when accused, accuse. No matter that the scales differ substantially.

Because of my previous job I've know a lot of Russians, Ukrainians, Armenians, Georgians, etc., who've given me second-hand accounts from fathers, uncles and others who served in the Red Army on this. It seems to have depended on the unit; some let their boys go at it, others arrested them and quite a few were shot for rapes.

On the other hand when you go to Russia, speak to survivors and you see how the supposedly 'civilized' Germans conducted themselves and how Russians suffered so many atrocities under them your level of pity decreases substantially (not excusing rapes at all).

10. The Soviets used to say "Vojna est Voyna" "War is war" hence the scorched earth policy and everything else that went with it. Not in any way wanting to defend the actions of the German forces on the Eastern front (Oskar Dirlewanger and Bronislaw Kaminski spring to mind) the war on the Eastern Front was particularly vicious, and it could be said that both sides sank to lowest common denominator.

11. Hi Gallowglass!

I'm not a native English speaker and you apparently are. It is a bit strange order of words - 'with all things Israeli'.

I would write something like this:

What is the cause of your fixation on all things connected to Israel?

If you meant namely this then I would answer. Let me know.

12. Virgil,

I hardly think I can be accused of engaging in counterpropaganda, as I have no particular regard for the Germans of the period 1939-45 and am well aware of the utter barbarism committed by German forces during Barbarossa; that said, I do find it more than a little rich - and in fact quite galling - that someone who has consistenlty and repeatedly sought to defend the Soviet system and downplay the crimes committed by same, should seek to set himself up in judgement over Israel (or indeed anywhere else). I take issue with Sergey's constant, tiresome and compulsive trawling of the internet for anything at all which could possibly paint some aspect of Israeli/British/American life (or the West in general) in an unfavourable light.

Yes, I meant that.

13. Gallowglass, it is impossible to find a cause of unexisted thing. There is no any 'fixation' at all.

Yes sometime I discuss Israeli events (as many there). Mainly just for fun. But only sometimes, not always. Look (for example) at this thread: 'Israeli attorney-general plans to indict president'

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=56505.html

As you can see I haven't paticipated in the thread. Though I have a natural right to discuss anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.