Lard-arse Limps for Charity

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by P_J, Aug 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. P_J

P_J Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Ladies and Gentlemen of ARRSE.

Some of you "know" me, some know me and some have no idea so I'll try and explain a bit of what I'm intending to do and how I came to make the decision.

My intention is to walk 9.48 miles from a marine lake on one side of the Wirral to a marine lake on the other side. Not very far you may say, but I shall be doing it on crutches. I came to the decision partly after watching a documentary on the rather handsome Phil Packer. I had been sat feeling sorry for myself in a splint from ankle to hip. He was part of the reason I decided to get off my fat arrse and do something. The final push I needed came with the loss of a friend and 2 local lads and the injuries that a friend sustained in Afghanistan.

I'm still on crutches and it looks like I will be for a further 6 months or so, with more surgery pencilled in. My "crap" year will end, but the years of the Men and Women killed or injured in our Armed Forces and their families won't. I just want to do my bit to make it a bit easier if possible.

I'm doing this walk for 2 charites - Help for Heroes and Holidays for Heroes. I have a "Just Giving" page for the H4H side and a sponsor form for the Holidays for Heroes side. If anyone would like to donate to either, then feel free. If you wish to donate a beer token or 2 to the Holidays for Heroes side of it, then you can either get in touch and we'll work something out or if you are going to the camping trip at the end of this month, then you can do it in person.

The link to the Just Giving page is jaci austin is fundraising for Help for Heroes .

Thanks for listening to me ramble on.

Jac
    x

2. PPM* gone in, good luck young lady.

Well done for supporting Hols for Heroes.

Dale T.

*Pip's Pocket Money.

3. Tell you what - bin the walk and if you let me paddle your arse with a banjo whilt sing "Maaaammmmmy' I'll stump up the other £200

4. You really are a dick aren't you?

5. Good on you lass. Donation sent.

6. he gets more than me!

7. P_J

Thanks Dale and Alec!! You're superstars. Made I smile lots when I checked my emails.

TS1st - there's nothing that would deter me from doing this *walk* but feel free to self flagellate with a stingy flogger and a salted Turbot then send me the pictures and I'll auction them off :)

8. We should be at the camping weekend so will chuck a few quid your way then.

9. So the banjos a no go then?

10. You can shove your banjo up your shitter until you cough up.

11. Oh, and the remainder of the "Richmond Debacle" who are eating Indian food in my living room at the moment are getting bullied into donating too.

Or I will kill them in their sleep.

By Dale, aged 6 and a bit.

P.S. I'll stab the dog in the other eye if they don't cough.

12. PJ, give me a prod with a sharp elbow at the camping and I'll bung you a few bob :grin:

13. So it's not just me then, good.

Money inbound.

14. P_J

Cheers Guys and Girls :wink:

CTD - I can always bring the "purple punisher" with me if you prefer a more substantial poke :grin:

WO2 Hamilcar arrived this morning so he will be coming camping with me. With the plans I have in place for him over the next few weeks, a few days away will probably do him good.

15. Bumpity-bump!