Laptops

Do any of the high street electricals give discount for armed services? I want a laptop to take on detatchment, and realy dont want to spend anymore than £300 on something that i will no doubt drop/loose/break, looked on ebay but to be honest id rather have something new, that i know is gonna last the 6 months and isn't nicked, any ideas?

Blodwyn said:
Do any of the high street electricals give discount for armed services? I want a laptop to take on detatchment, and realy dont want to spend anymore than £300 on something that i will no doubt drop/loose/break, looked on ebay but to be honest id rather have something new, that i know is gonna last the 6 months and isn't nicked, any ideas?
Have you looked at Student Laptops (you don't need to be a student) or Morgan Computers

I'd look at anything reconditioned, as these are cheap and quality. Reconditioned laptops are great because they're broke at the factory, so the company hoofs them out to another company for a pittence, who then fix the broke bits and make sure it all works fine. And they do it cheap! Take a look at what i mean at student-laptops above.

Have a look at Dell, you should be able to pick a laptop up for around £350 which normally includes delivery and they are pretty reliable.

If I could find the Forces' Discount Brochure, I am certain there are some companies in there (Akhter is one) - but the house is in a mess at the moment (decorators).

Litotes

Just got a Siemens laptop from Curry's....£399, reduced from £499.

It certainly beats sitting at a P.C. :pc:

It's got a 60 GB hard drive, 1.70 GHz processor, 512 RAM, DVD RW, XP Home, 15.4" screen.

Best one that I'd seen around :D

Now someones gonna tell me that they've seen a better bargain 8O

A

armadillo

I am after a really small laptop it will only be using 3 programs and have wireless and a usb

This laptop has to be really dinky and light I am a IT technophobe can any of you guys help out

Persist with Dell until you get through to their BFPO helpline (Irish accent rather than Indian accent). They understand the whole BFPO tax free thing and are very good.

If you buy from PC World their "PC Performance" aftercare service is pretty good for solving both software and hardware problems - you get to speak to a native English speaker who actually knows what he is talking about, rather than trying to stay one page ahead of you in the manual.

They sorted a tricky wireless internet connection problem for me in no time.

armadillo said:
I am after a really small laptop it will only be using 3 programs and have wireless and a usb

This laptop has to be really dinky and light I am a IT technophobe can any of you guys help out
If you're really after a compact, light machine, why don't you look at PDAs.

pc world got the blod's dollars in the end, £350 with a bag and some other bits, not a bad deal i thought, got meself a tuner card as well, i'm sure i've heard somewhere that you can pick up freeview at kandahar so hopefully i'll be able to knock one out over pauline fowler come november, waheey!!

If you just want one for going on tour, Try a panasonic toughbook. Loads on ebay.

They aren't top spec but will stand up to bumps and knocks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 16
Wynter Classified Ads 13
Mighty_doh_nut Classified Ads 0