• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Laptop to TV via HDMI problem

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I have just got a new Toshiba laptop and I want to connect it to my Philips Ambilight TV for watching movies.

I can get a picture and sound no problem, except that it doesn't fill the TV screen. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

My previous laptop died but all I did was connect it to the TV via the HDMI cable and I got a full TV picture.

I have just got a new Toshiba laptop and I want to connect it to my Philips Ambilight TV for watching movies.

I can get a picture and sound no problem, except that it doesn't fill the TV screen. Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

My previous laptop died but all I did was connect it to the TV via the HDMI cable and I got a full TV picture.

Have you tried hitting F11?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
The image fits the Laptop screen fine, just not the TV Screen. F11 doesn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Latest Threads