Laptop suggestions for games

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by smff73, Nov 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

Being a computer mong, having looked at countless websites, and not wanting to fall prey to slippery PC World salespeople, I come to the folks of Arrse for advice.

Basically, I'm looking for a laptop, up to £500 for general use, including games ( possibly online ), and dongle thingy internet use.

Where the hell do I start?!?

2. Dell "factory clearance" webpage? The PCs on there seem to be about 20% more spec for the money than normal retail, and they come with full warranty, etc. (Dell outlet UK)

3. what type of games is the question ?

High intensity graphic's ?

4. Onr of those expensive Alienware jobs.

5. I would recommend DELL, price/spec wise, make sure the GFX are either nvidea or Radeon, get the model number then confirm the GFX ability by looking here :wink:

6. If you are serving Hp do service discount up to 25%.

Check out the discount page on ArmyNet.

7. Try Morgan Computers HERE
    Or have a look at Novatech HERE
    But for £500 your budget is low if you want a good gaming laptop!

8. Got a 3 dongle with a high spec laptop thrown in for £40 a month. Chose one with 3G memory & high end graphics card. Plays COD MW2 without a problem.

That'd be my suggestion.

Skibum

9. Thanks folks, plenty useful info here to work on!

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

has it got to be a laptop? you'll be lucky to find something that will give you a decent gaming experience under the sub-£500 mark. if you go the desktop route you'll a. get more for your money and b. far easier to upgrade if you want to.