laptop speakers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by foggy_balla, Feb 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking to buy some speakers for my laptop. Reasonable output, not too big. Only to be used for playing stored music and that type of thing. Budget is about £75. Bit of a techno-mong so any genuine ideas or advice appreciated.
    Cheers
    Foggy

2. max £35, creative travelsound 200. absolutely superb - like having a full size stereo in your room when you travel. about 6" x 2" x 3". 4 x AA batteries.

trust me, they're brilliant.

3. Trust you? Last time I did, you screwed me Missus.

4. should have a bigger cock then :)

5. Any bigger and the military would be after it.

Military: " We need to commandeer your c.ock."

DD: "Hey wait a minute. I need that for urination and screwing the missus."

Military: " Oh yeah? last time you said that she ended up screwing the postman."

DD: " No fecking wonder me mail is always late."

6. I picked up a pair of JBL Alien II's. They look funky and the sound is fantastic. They come in grey, white, red and black.

vB

7. I've got the same speakers and fully agree-far better than some speakers costing twice the price. You can pick them up on ebay for less than £20.

8. Good speakers, good price.. go for it.

9. I have a pair of speakers called "Cyclone" by Diamond Audio Tecnology. They are powered through the USB socket with another lead that plugs into the speaker output socket. Runs off the Laptops own power so no need for extra batteries. Of course they reduce your laptop endurance but if you're set up with a pair of speakers odds are that you're indoors and can run off your mains power charger. The missus bought them from PC World but they weren't expensive.

These people have sold out but had them for £12.
    http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?lang=&submenu=&menu=&product_id=9930&session=d40faeb2ed32f14b219c9b7308b1428f
    They are far, far better than they ought to be for the money.

10. Guys,
    Got sorted with set from pc world that seem to perform the job as required. Many thanks for the help,
    Foggy