Laptop Insurance

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by carlbcfc, Apr 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The mrs put a claim in on her laptop due to it not charging. Other than not charging, it ran fine until the battery died. 2 weeks later we still get the same script from the half soaked monkeys at the insurance company.

They would not give me the number for the repair company, but it was not hard to con the div on the phone out of enough details to find it myself.

The repair company said the same, waiting for parts from Samsung ......but a bloody mother board, charger, the charging piece and im sure a few other things... are they pulling one on the insurance company or what?

Is there a way to check if you have a new board inside when it returns?
  2. Do you have the laptop serial number you could PM me as well as model number of the laptop itself and series?

Also specs, and other details like if you have the reciept, where you brought it from, when you brought it from I can advise you from there :D
  3. Went in for charging connection, came back with new mobo, new psu, new top cover, new charger & connection. The mic no longer works which they said they will sort.

4. How old is it?
  5. 18 months old. Samsung R510. Honestly, there was feck all wrong with it other than the charging piece. Did they really replace these parts, and why? What the feck has the cpu got to do with the charge connection?

Getting something for free is always nice. But it seems the excess at the insurance company has risen from £25, to £75 now for new customers. Surely silly repairs like this are to blame.
  6. At 18 months old I take you you bought with perhaps a visa credit card? If so you could have gone to them to get it sorted under something like Sale of Goods act. Someone more savvy perhaps can explain the law.

You're quite right it seems like the repair company has tried it on and I hope the insurance comapny asks for the old parts to validate their replacement.