laptop dj midi controller

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
OK Brain picking time again. I'm looking a dj midi contoller to run through a laptop, windows pc.
Music comes off an external hard drive. I did do the external sound card (creative zen) powerd usb hub to feed them and the CPU was still running like a bastard. The laptop is an elderly beefed up Dell which has been uprated as far as it it will go. It's running vista.
The thinking is that a midi controller, especially with a soundcard would put less stress on the output of the laptop. Yes. ? No.?
Yes I've searched. Yes I've googled and no Im not interested in beats and dubs or garage (unless it's got Matchless bits in it)
As usual I don't wish to spend much money, so second hand is more than acceptable

Any bulletproof recommendations? (figuratively)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank you nanotm, they are indeed, the problem is what's good and what's not.
What I'm looking for is something portable, tough and idiotproof, with a built in soundcard. If it needs external powered that's fine too.
If it's old and I can pick one up second hand even better.

These things are a complete mystery to me and thanks polar 69 I'd never even heard of this one.

personally speaking my knowledge is limited to knowing thye exist and a rough idea of how such things work, but typing the name of any product into google followed by the word reviews generally enables you to find out quite a lot about them

Amazon.co.uk: dj mixer console for laptop: Electronics & Photo

alternativly jumping ot a vendor sight that offers reviews for items brings up other slightly higher cost options but with good /bad reviews of them so perhaps a better option

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Been all over it like a tramp on chips. According to the revioews everything is wonderful, apart from Numark which seems to get a kicking fairly regularly it looks like Traktor or Vestax.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 16
Wynter Classified Ads 13
Mighty_doh_nut Classified Ads 0