Laptop cooler

Has any one used a laptop cooler ? And any recommendations as to make . I have noticed the thing is running rather warm at the moment .

WW

Or a simple vacuum cleaner also works.

Just be aware that if you're using wireless network, it may be impossible to tell any difference between a warm cpu and a gentle microwaving of the nuts :idea:

Scabster_Mooch said:
One cheap way to cool down your laptop is to rest it on top of 4 stapler boxes or similar. This is to encourage airflow under the laptop.

Or you could buy one of those pads which fans built-in. I used one a few years back and they work. A little noisy (because I bought a cheap one) and takes up one usb port though.
This is good advice. They are noisy and of doubtful value - if your laptop needed more cooling power, it would have been designed with it.

Are you using it on your lap, or is it on a flat surface?

Your laptop will run a bit warm, it's summer ;) It will very likely shut itself off if it feels it is getting too hot.

msr

the laptop is on a swinging shelf on the w chair so a flat smooth surface ,
I like and will try the elevating it on little boxe idea as its KISS and cheap,both attractive options for a Scotsman.

WW

By way of an update,
we had the knickers off the laptop and blasted out quite a lot of dust ,fluff and stuff. , quite a lot on the fans. we have stuck a spacer on each corner to give better clearance. its now running much cooler.
Thanks for your help chaps.

WW