Laptop Cooler

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by davewhit, Aug 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone here using a laptop cooler ? Given the high temps in some postings these days anyone bought a laptop cooler to stop them frying there own machine

2. After frying one laptop which was literally used on my lap I bought a Belkin single fan cooler about 4 years ago.

No problems ever since and my lappie runs cool and fast.

3. I used one (at home not on posting) on my old laptop and it worked good but it will drain the battery if not used on mains power but on a whole its a good buy I had the akasa model which is powered via a usb port on the laptop.

4. antec make is ok

5. Run one with mine and seems to make a huge difference in temp

6. Have a look at Zalman coolers, used 3 now and they have never let me down.

7. Never let you down? So why have you gone through 3 of them?

Did you sit on them or use them in the bath or something? :)

8. I have a USB powered no-name one from a pound shop. Had it 2 years, no issues.

9. Bought an Akasa too, coupla years back. Alloy job, USB powered, twin fans, acted also as a multiport USB hub, it's built to keep the lappy clear of the table, and the keyboard tipped forward for ergonomic reasons, so it's mebbe a bit bulky to stick in a Bergan,

£18.00 from PC World (saved a goodly lump by ordering online for in-store pickup). Recommended.

10. Whilst you are there, if your kids have a PS3 get one for that as well as it will make it last years longer

11. First one was perfect until I got a larger laptop, thus needing a larger cooler - that one got lost with the rest of my gear by the scrotes at BA. That model was out of stock so I bought another, and hey presto, 3 different very satisfactory laptop coolers.

12. I bought a Cooler Master one for Mrs B's lappy couple of weeks ago as she kept moaning about the fan noise. Even when new prone to whining when doing anything really

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002NU5V4A/?tag=armrumser-21

Works well, able to move the fans about to suit. Also should help the battery in terms of service life because the rate they degrade at is proportional to temperature.

13. I used a fan for my quad core from AC, great piece of kit, great brand