Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Cuddles, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In today's Daily Hate, a long letter appeared written by a retired Sapper QMSI. In it he perhaps light-heartedly put forward two myths or brick-bats with which your honoured Corps is prone to lambaste Gunners.

The first concerned the lanyard, which he stated was in fact an emblem of Sapper courage recovering gunner colours (the guns) during the Crimean War. Hell's teeth most Sappers have the decency to pin the fake story on Gibraltar. From your own Corps museum I present the truth about this:

He also did the traditional ubique versus "all over the shop" one. now I don't mind this and would admit to have played it back at you chaps myself. However he is, despite reaching a senior rank in your Corps, erroneous in thinking "Ubique" on the RE badge and cypher is in fact a battle honour. It is a "motto" in your case, a battle honour in ours.

There, that's better! I do of course forgive the QMSI, after all "evil be to him, who evil thinks"! :wink:
  2. FIRE MISSION!!!!!

3. Erm...more like "SHOT LATE 139 OVER"!!
  4. .........FFS ! This old chestnut.

May I humbly beg our esteemed Moderator to stop this dead now.

5. I was suggesting there was a fire mission and you had to run to your guns (Or run away from them).

I have footage of myself and a few other Royal Engineers firing the guns in Afghan. Keeping up traditions ;)
  6. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

But out of choice and opportunity NT, not necessity or desperation.
  7. Indeed this old chestnut...which I hope your own Corps museum will be sufficient authority to stop this bolochs once and for all - although if QMSIs are writing it into national newspapers, then I fear even the power of arrse and efforts of reasonable men can be of no avail!
  8. Hey Cuddles.

I'm at the Arboretum on Sat 5th.......its RA day there by the if you are there we can meet up for a cup of tea and a bacon butty and 'chew the fat'.

All the best mate

9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Ok - we've done lanyards to death elsewhere - although the opportunity to rip the piss out of the Royal Regiment is never to be missed.

Still I'll be a good MOD and kill this one. Dead. Like I'd prefer to be rather than be a gunner....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.