LANYARD TROPHY

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by ipaq, Jun 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone got any ideas of the date for the Lanyard this Year? I've heard that it will be in Dartmoor, can anyone confirm this is correct. Finally does anyone have any video footage of the event, I know a video was doing the rounds a few Years back.

many thanks

2. you want a video of people tabbing? does that mean that you're trying to get people into your team? good luck mate.

i did lanyard in brecon last year, due to a lovely decision from the IC, various higher ranked injured personnel refused to drop out (pride) and so the whole thing took us 17.5 hours.

never again, but i think im a better person for it.

only really practical advice i can think of, is go to www.army.mod.uk and then search ex lanyard trophy. most of the teams who take part put up pictures and possibly videos.
    oh, and last year's was in september, but i think that it moves around.

3. yea it is at dartmoor i did it there in 2003 horrible terrain babys eads everywhere

4. Lanyard Trophy is indeed in Dartmoor this year and some time in september, but I beleive there is no admin order produced yet so dates are to be confirmed. If anyone receives the Admin order plz post the dates here. :wink:

5. Phone the 216 training wing and they might well be able to tell you.

6. But I hear, as part of the 'TA Cost Saving' measures that TA are not being allowed to enter teams! Anyone heard anything similar?

7. Yes, I have heard that cost cutting due to budgetry constraints are playing a part in the orgainisation of Lanyard Trophy this year. It is my understanding that the cost of transporting the 216 admin tail from Colchester to Dartmoor uses up 25% of 216's T and S this FY and as such the unit has decided to run the competition from the athletics stadium at Colchester to save money. Participating units have to run/walk round the track 3581 times! it's a lot safer too. As for the TA if the competition is on a Monday (no live firing on Dartmoor) some teams are unlikely to attend because they will have to be at work, or indeed the PSI's will be on a day off as many don't work Mondays! Why don't we all wait for the Admin Instr to come out and then we will find out what's happening, in the mean time, keep training!

8. Yes, I have heard that cost cutting due to budgetry constraints are playing a part in the orgainisation of Lanyard Trophy this year. It is my understanding that the cost of transporting the 216 admin tail from Colchester to Dartmoor uses up 25% of 216's T and S this FY and as such the unit has decided to run the competition from the athletics stadium at Colchester to save money. Participating units have to run/walk round the track 3581 times! it's a lot safer too. As for the TA if the competition is on a Monday (no live firing on Dartmoor) some teams are unlikely to attend because they will have to be at work, or indeed the PSI's will be on a day off as many don't work Mondays! Why don't we all wait for the Admin Instr to come out and then we will find out what's happening, in the mean time, keep training!

9. According to my 2IC, the Lanyard Trophy is on the 24th September in Dartmoor.

10. Thursday 27th September anyone?

CH

11. The competition date is Mon 24th Sep, and it is Dartmoor.