Lanyard Trophy 2008

Signal is out, organised this year by 21 Sigs - contact OC HQ Sqn for details.

The route will not be issued until the day of the race this year, so some navigation will be required.....

ChickenHeart said:

The route will not be issued until the day of the race this year, so some navigation will be required.....[/quote]

Oh dear, oh dear, is it going to be a 3 dayer then :wink:

ChickenHeart said:

The route will not be issued until the day of the race this year, so some navigation will be required.....
Except to the 21 Sigs Team? :twisted: cynical? Moi?

ChickenHeart said:

Can someone pm me his address, my Adjt wants us to put a team in, if we can get an invite. It would be a real eye opener for the diggers, and a good trip on the urine too. :wink:

Twelve Miles with forty lb's. I dont know a lot about it, but is this type of training good .............? no? What have the other years been like? I heard is was September this year though. !

Yeah it is definitely in what was described to us as "a very hilly terrain in Wales".......my brain maybe feeble and female but even I am guessing (educated) that it will be Brecon. I also have inside info that 21 Sigs are going up there next months to tab through the check points. A bit odd if you ask me, as of course nobody is supposed to know the route!

Call me a skeptic but.......

biscuits said:
ChickenHeart said:

Can someone pm me his address, my Adjt wants us to put a team in, if we can get an invite. It would be a real eye opener for the diggers, and a good trip on the urine too. :wink:
Shouldn't be too difficult to find OC HQ Sqn 21 Sig Regt in Outlook surely? I know we're not all linked together by the magic of DII/F yet but have you tried searching?

The WgO for LT08 was pushed out on Mon 12 May 08. Check with your CofC.

Course location is over the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains, again run from SENTA. Good idea to give the route out at the team captain's brief as it may stop the usual procession that we've seen in the last few years.

CH

PoisonDwarf said:
biscuits said:
ChickenHeart said:

Shouldn't be too difficult to find OC HQ Sqn 21 Sig Regt in Outlook surely? I know we're not all linked together by the magic of DII/F yet but have you tried searching?
Have the Aussies got DII?

Just had the info via our SSM, definitely in the Black Mountains, route announced shortly before so that nobody gets an unfair advantage. Even 21 Sigs won't have an advantage, as they aren't entering a team.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Army Reserve 3
M Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 7
troopie Royal Signals 13