Languages and 3 MI bn

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by bearwoods, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice one. Arf Arf! You'd be lucky to use your Russian in the regs these days!
  2. Don't forget Pashto!
  3. Arabic, Pashto or Farsi/Dari would all be safe bets if you wanted to actually use a language actively nowadays. In addtiion, they are at present the only languages that qualify you for language pay. (discussed at length on another thread). As for Russian, there still exists the requirement for SOME capability there, but it's vastly reduced. In fact the RAF's latest round of redundancies is looking at getting rid of a fair few of them, although they've not said as much outright.
  4. About time too. It's been on the cards for a long time, but apparently many of the Int An (V)'s facing the chop hadn't seen it coming. :lol:
  5. Bearwoods

check your PMs
  6. ..I have to say, it is mildly amusing, especially when I've heard comments such as "I joined to do Russian, why should I retrain?" and "I'm not f**king doing a farsi or Arabic course, I have no wish to get sent on det!"

I'll be honest and say I had to admire the honesty of the guy who made the latter comment, many people think it but not that many have the guts to say it. Such attitudes are biting them in the a**e now though.

bummer is, mrs Bagster would really like redundancy, but as an Arab interpreter, would probably get turned down.

Such is life.
  7. Bagster, I admire his honesty as well, but I still think he's a c*nt. If they have no wish to be sent on det then they shouldn't be in the 'Armed' forces. The unarmed forces can stay at home in their odd shaped building in 'nam. Why doesn't he go and play silly arses with them if he wants a cushy life? Oh yeah, I forgot, we get paid more than them because we go on ops....
  8. Bagster,

Looked for said thread but couldn't find it - which one?

Anyone know the Pashto word for England?

9. I haven't got a clue how to cut and paste threads, but there's a thread somewhere in the Int Corps forum entitled "language pay - Will you get it?". As I said, it's discussed at length there. Sorry I can't be of more help. Hope you find it.

Oh yes, and the Pashto for England is "Inglistan", pronounced with a long final "aan"
  10. a bit like Ariston then.
  11. is that a bit like "catch yerself aan!"?
  12. Bagster was probably refering to this thread.
  13. Thread read and digested.

Many thanks.