Language

Unfortunately 3 Languages are required:

Arabic for Iraq
Pashtu for Afghanistan
Russian (Just in Case)

As you would expect all the above need to be spoken like a native for all the dangerous undercover work you'd be expected to do.

Plus, if you're not already able to down a man with a pistol at 300 yds then dont bother applying..............

UpNorthFighter said:
To join the Corps do you have to be able to speak another language? And do you need to learn one among your training? Thanks
Actually no you don't but your language learning ability would be tested. Those with that aptitude and interest would be put forward for language training - something that supports both the Human Intelligence and Signals Intelligence disciplines.

Next_to_the_Tank said:
UpNorthFighter said:
To join the Corps do you have to be able to speak another language? And do you need to learn one among your training? Thanks
Actually no you don't but your language learning ability would be tested. Those with that aptitude and interest would be put forward for language training - something that supports both the Human Intelligence and Signals Intelligence disciplines.
Spoilsport! He/She should have posted in the sticky threads.

252_me said:
Next_to_the_Tank said:
UpNorthFighter said:
Spoilsport! He/She should have posted in the sticky threads.
Sorry - I wasn't paying attention :yawnstretch: (And my first cup of tea has only just arrived).

I'm tri-lingual and was turned down... !!!!!

I speak fluent English, Danish and Boll@cks.

Oddly they were very interested in my third language, but finally decided that it wasn't up to par.

I did however pass the pistol test. I had a nine mil and a megaphone in a shopping mall and shouted GET DOWN! Mrs Turnpike and her 3 year old obliged at 350m. The slimes said I cheated though!... So much for initiative.

BaldricksBullet said:
I'm tri-lingual and was turned down... !!!!!

I speak fluent English, Danish and Boll@cks.

Oddly they were very interested in my third language, but finally decided that it wasn't up to par.

I did however pass the pistol test. I had a nine mil and a megaphone in a shopping mall and shouted GET DOWN! Mrs Turnpike and her 3 year old obliged at 350m. The slimes said I cheated though!... So much for initiative.
That's because the Danes haven't been a threat since before Edgar the Unwilling decided to stay at home rather than join in the game of battleships with the Vikings off the coast of South Shields.

Next_to_the_Tank said:
That's because the Danes haven't been a threat since before Edgar the Unwilling decided to stay at home rather than join in the game of battleships with the Vikings off the coast of South Shields.
What!!!! ... I've been sleeping here for 8 years! And you're telling me that the MOD aren't taking my comuniques seriously!!!!

Trust me there are longboats lined up in Esbjerg... they're just waiting for the ice to melt.

This has to stop NOW!!

I don't see the Int babes getting any work done at all, once the Danish combat swimmers turn up.

Would you like any more detail on my estimate Bjorn???? :kiss:
( Danish Knut)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

BaldricksBullet said:
Next_to_the_Tank said:
What!!!! ... I've been sleeping here for 8 years! And you're telling me that the MOD aren't taking my comuniques seriously!!!!

Trust me there are longboats lined up in Esbjerg... they're just waiting for the ice to melt.
This is true. From the perspective of a proper monarchy, which saw no need to import, successively, French, then Scots, then Dutch, then Germans to sit on the throne, the UK looks increasingly like a failed colonial experiment.

Laenge leve Hendes Majestaet, Dronning Margerete II, Dronning af Danmark, de Vender og Goter, Hertuginde af Slesvig og Holsten osv osv.

Sorry, just been to Scotland and currently despairing of the Union after a couple of deeply troubling conversations.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wake me up when this becomes interesting

THE_EDITOR said:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wake me up when this becomes interesting
would have thought it would have been right up your street as it is

cpunk

LE
Glad_its_all_over said:
Laenge leve Hendes Majestaet, Dronning Margerete II, Dronning af Danmark, de Vender og Goter, Hertuginde af Slesvig og Holsten osv osv.
That's as maybe, Glad, but it didn't stop the Chief Clerk of HQ UKMF retrieving some of her pubes from the Royal turdis on Bold Grouse 87, so if we want one like her, we can always clone her.

devexwarrior said:
BaldricksBullet said:
What!!!! ... I've been sleeping here for 8 years!
I spent 15 years asleep in the Int Corps. I'd been gone 2 years before anyone noticed!
No, that's where you are wrong. The PTIs noticed immediately as they had one less BFT failure and remedial PT stat to deal with.

Hibs_Bez said:
devexwarrior said:
BaldricksBullet said:
What!!!! ... I've been sleeping here for 8 years!
I spent 15 years asleep in the Int Corps. I'd been gone 2 years before anyone noticed!
No, that's where you are wrong. The PTIs noticed immediately as they had one less BFT failure and remedial PT stat to deal with.
you have to give them a break some time