Language awards

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by alpha_omega, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One aimed at OPMI(L) or anyone with a language interest or experience: is the current award system for languages fair, and who has ideas for a decent way of getting civvy quals for languages instead of using the notoriously inconsistent Westminster? Personally, I believe the current system undervalues linguists and MOD gets really good value for money by using Westminster to rarely give out Diplomas and therefore MOD not having to pay the full whack on language awards!

2. Read 'OP MI (L)'s drawing a short straw?' I can't be bothered doing all this again. Why are you even interested anyway?

3. What he said-been done to death before

4. Fair one - didn't see that one before and having just read the endless stuff there see there's loads of good ideas.

5. Loads of good ideas for what, if you don't mind me asking? What is your point?

6. Ideas for possibly improving the awards or careers of lings - or to be more precise, in awarding civvy quals for what are usually long courses. Personally, I'm not bothered about pay, its about having something useful in the civvy world. Given the amount of responses the "short straw" thread got, people are interested. Its just a question of whether the decision makers will take it on. (they won't though, will they?)

7. check pm