Lands End to John OGroats for H4H

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 4-8-Alfa, May 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks one of our guys at work, Simon McFarlane, is doing a cycle ride on behalf of Help for Heroes – Lands End to John O’Groats, that’s 1050 miles in 10 days over the 28th May - 8th June.
    He’s not even an ex, wanabee or walt, just an all round good (civvie) egg.
    There is no reward for him (and a couple of his mates) – they just wants to do it for our lads and lassies.

I know it’s a big ask, given the present climate, but please if you can spare a couple of quid to support him in his quest to raise £6000 you can donate some of your hard earned at justgiving.com

Cheers in advance for and on behalf of Simon and H4H.

2. Just to give this an unashamed bump and to let you know Simon and the team are on course and were in Preston this AM.

Cheers

3. Fair play to him and the team.

On a slightly different note - is it me or is everyone* who is doing some sort of charity event this year doing a bike ride??

*large percentage

4. Not all are bike rides, there is a 30mile tab from Fulwood Bks,preston to Bolton town hall. 30 miles in 8hrs with a 36lb pack.....

Sorry that was a blatant bit of advertising.

Good luck to all who are doing anything!

5. I too would want to get out of Preston at any cost. 36lbs or 76 lbs! Just get me out of there! :D

6. Fair comment B-O-F !!

7. No Mate - Great North Run for me!

8. Sorry folks, should have closed this.

They done it, on time and as I understand it, on target so thanks for the donations.

4-8