Landing Site Officer - The Royal Household

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Interesting.

I'm retired, so I shan't be applying. Still curious about the rôle. Pity I cannot view your website via the link you supply without giving you my personal details, because the registration window obliterates the content.

You want people to look at the jobs you offer, you might get more response if you don't stop people looking at your offers.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Interesting.

I'm retired, so I shan't be applying. Still curious about the rôle. Pity I cannot view your website via the link you supply without giving you my personal details, because the registration window obliterates the content.

You want people to look at the jobs you offer, you might get more response if you don't stop people looking at your offers.
Here ya go!

Landing Site Officer - The Royal Household

Responsible as part of a team for providing high quality landing site support services for a Sikorsky S76 C++ helicopter or AgustaWestland 109S, contributing to the smooth daily running of the Royal Household's travel office.

It's the satisfaction in delivering outstanding work, and it's supporting the duties of the monarchy. This is what makes working for the Royal Household exceptional.

The team consists of a number of pilots and ground support, providing the highest standard of helicopter service to Members of the Royal Family on official engagements.

You'll visit proposed landing sites to assess their suitability and manage them for both day and night operations.

In addition you'll conduct landing site surveys, helicopter refuelling and on-site support for the aircraft and crew.

For this role, you'll be required to work remotely, as well as travel to and reside at varied locations for short periods on a regular basis.

Please note there is a part-time and full-time position available. Please indicate in your application form which position you would be interested in.

About you

With knowledge and experience of Air Safety, as well as helicopter operating procedures and radio telephony, you take great pride in your work.

An enthusiastic and outstanding team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you're able to adapt to a busy and varied workload.

You'll possess excellent attention to detail and time management abilities, which will equip you to plan complex itineraries, providing excellent service to those you support.

Your initiative and problem solving skills mean that you can think ahead and act proactively.

Above all you'll be committed to achieving high standards every day, making you a real asset to the Royal Travel team.

Interesting.

Did you think that pressing that little X in the corner might be an option?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did you think that pressing that little X in the corner might be an option?
Yes I did. It didn't do anything. First reaction was "fat fingers" but after half a dozen attempts, I lost interest. Maybe if there was a real button, "Continue without registration" instead of an X that scales to next to nothing on a small-screened tablet, it would be more useful.

Were I still designing screens, it's what I would have done. But I've retired from all that nonsense.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Like @AlienFTM the X button does not work on my tablet. Maybe the form is super smart and can filter young, cool retired persons.:D

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
X button works on my company laptop, but not on my phone....

Kids gave me this for my birthday - am I qualified?

View attachment 304660
So, just to get this right, you are a cool dood and down wit da yoof when using your work lappy but a cretinous vegetable who is well past it when using your smart phone?

Life must be so confusing for you!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hands up if you think this thread is going as the OP intended.

So, just to get this right, you are a cool dood and down wit da yoof when using your work lappy but a cretinous vegetable who is well past it when using your smart phone?

Life must be so confusing for you!
Well, I suspect more of the latter all the time! I was never a cool dude, and starting a family rather later in life than most is never going to get me down wiv da yoof.

Good fun pointing out that I am their father, not grandfather. The reverse-o-cycle gets a lot of use by mightily embarrassed people.

And, yes, life can be might confusing. But I wouldn't change it.

ugly

LE
Feck my old boots that's a sh1t salary

Feck my old boots that's a sh1t salary
I could tell by this line:

It's the satisfaction in delivering outstanding work, and it's supporting the duties of the monarchy. This is what makes working for the Royal Household exceptional.
Recruiter speak for 'It's a gash wage and we hope we can recruit someone for a pittance with some kind of moral blackmail.'

Last edited: