Landing on a comet or choosing the right shirt. Which matters more?

What do you think about Matt Taylor's shirt?

• Kill the sexist b*st*rd!

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Cool. Where do I get one?

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Give-a-****ometer not flickering

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grauniad in full outrage mode:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/...nnoyed-at-rosetta-mission-scientists-clothing

The story in short: one of the lead scientists in the team that landed a probe on the comet has been getting the mother of all internet whackings because he appeared on TV in a shirt with scantily-dressed females on it.

Strikes me that doing something no-one has ever done before matters slightly more than taste in shirts, but maybe I'm a sexist, misogynist dinosaur.

Whatever, there's a Faceache page that's trying to get him 10,000 likes, and I thought this might just be the place to find them.

With a bit of effort, the good denizens of Arrse can give him the 10,000 on our own.

D

Deleted 4482

Were his shoes bulled and did he have decent creases? It's not landing a spacecraft on a comet that makes a man you know...it's the crease!

Was he wearing a poppy?

Edited to add. This is the same grunidad who described the poppies at the tower as
"fake, trite and inward-looking – a Ukip-style memorial"
I wouldn't even wrap my chips in that rag.

Last edited:
Don't facebook but the crap he is getting does show just how flipping shallow and frankly dumb parts of the world is becoming.

MacStab2

War Hero
There is a vid of his tearful apology somewhere but can't be bothered to find it again. Poor bloke looks none-plussed by the whole thing. He must be wondering what he has to do to get a little respect these days.

I would both buy and wear that shirt in a heartbeat!

Needless to say, I 'liked' the faceache thingy on his behalf.

I felt really sorry for him when, despite his incredible technological achievments, he had to make that pathetic apology to a couple of dried up Gruniard readers.

I would both buy and wear that shirt in a heartbeat!

Needless to say, I 'liked' the faceache thingy on his behalf.

I felt really sorry for him when, despite his incredible technological achievments, he had to make that pathetic apology to a couple of dried up Gruniard readers.
Probably threatened with the sack if he didn't.

On reflection, should have posted this in the NAAFI Bar so I could say what I really think of the c**s and w***ers who can't distinguish between sexism (which is totally mindless and needs stamping on from a great height) and a funny shirt (which isn't and doesn't).

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The probe has gone into standby mode.
Bit like me this morning, no sleep due to gout and now I'm in a bloody bad mood.

shibusa2

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm getting tired of these overly sensitive wimmin.

The shirt is actually telling the world about his fantasies so why are these wimmin getting so hot under the collar?

L

lumpy2

If women want to be taken seriously, why don't they concentrate on the scientific achievement rather than someone's clothing? :frustrated:

And women wonder why they get punched in the face.

Slime

LE
I saw him in one TV item, and he was asked to show a tattoo of the landing phase he has on his leg. Good tattoo and shows dedication to the cause :)

I liked the shirt he wore, maybe there could be some more made in tribute to him and the lander !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads