Land Rovers are the most stolen car ????

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
tis true
seems thats organised gangs are stripping land rover defenders for spares, they reckon that the spares are being stockpiled ready for when production ends, three defenders in Andover have had bonnets nicked
other parts of the country, doors, headlamps,seats grilles etc
this is in additon to combine harvesters tractors and dung spreaders.
organised gangs of eastern europeans are shipping them out
two new John Deers tractors worth 90K recently turned up on Poland
is nothing safe ?
of course there could be another explanation ???

http://www.swiftcover.com/about/press/most-stolen-car-revealed/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iconic-farm-vehicle-goes-production-year.html

2/51

LE
The joys of a design that has hardly changed over the years. I used to swap bits between my Landies regularly, a B plate, a P plate and an M plate.

I had an old E reg Mk11 SWB in perfect condition disappear from a train station car park never to be seen again. So this is nothing new.

4(T)

LE
Another one to chalk up to feeble border controls - not only hoods coming in, but little whatsoever done to stem the huge outflow of stolen vehicle by checking containers, etc.

2/51

LE
Top Gear did a bit on the issue of UK cars being stolen to order and ending up in Romania. They followed a Discovery that was still on UK plates and found out it had been stolen over a year before. They do not even bother removing plates as the Romanian police arnt interested.

There was even a case in Aberdeen of a top spec 7 Series BMW being stolen, shipped abroad, re-registered and shipped back to the UK under foreign plates. It was only found out because it was seized for having no insurance in Linconshire and plod checked the chassis/engine numbers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9674438/Luxury-cars-stolen-to-fund-organised-crime.html

Another one to chalk up to feeble border controls - not only hoods coming in, but little whatsoever done to stem the huge outflow of stolen vehicle by checking containers, etc.

At work 18 months or so ago we had 5 Sprinter catalytic convertors stolen overnight.
Plod reckoned that over 60 were hit in a 25 mile radius the same weekend, they also reckoned that once the thieves had a container full it went out of Liverpool docks bound for Poland.

Organised gangs hit area by area

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
It's nothing new we used to nick bits of other units Landy's.
The doors don't lock, the engine bonnet is held on by two rubber hooks.
And your suprised that bits have gone missing.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
perhaps a kind member of this site, could direct these modern day fagins to a military base

that way you might end up with something decent instead !!

Wetneck

Old-Salt
I doubt they'd try and steal my Discovery 4, they'd bring it back as soon as they saw how much it costs to fill the fecker up and maintain it.

D

Djelli Beybii

We had a spate of it about 3 years ago around here, Landies and just about any other 4x4 and Quad bike , would be stolen and then driven immediately to Fishguard, and onto the ferry across to Southern Island.
The vehicles would be halfway across the Irish sea before they had even been reported as being nicked.

I seem to recall being able to start a series II with a piece of wire between one of the wiper motor sockets and one or the other of the two pin 'parking lamp sockets... Allegedly and I don't know how or why it worked as it did because I never ever did it. Not even in Denmark

Maybe a REME chap could confirm or pooh pooh that one...

Of course the REME lads taking apart damaged landies - front damaged, another rear damaged, mate them up with a new drive shaft and put them on Q plates... nope. Bloody foreigners always. When ever something happens, there is always that little bit of the Brit Mil that got there first - usually by 40 years. Stop your moaning.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
my brother went to a very exclusive car show the other weekend
they had a series 1 that was restored for the TV series a while back, purchased for 40K now for sale at 60K
you would be afraid to use the damm thing

Latest Threads