Land rover replacement

I just don't get this "Buy British" thing. We have been consistently screwed over by UK industry who know the government will always pick up an inflated tab for an average product. Until they realise that we buy on value-for-money grounds, they will continue to take advantage. The idea that we should combat effectiveness to keep some picket-line dwelling Brummies in work is plain wrong.

Eurofighter, BOWMAN, Trafalgar-class subs, SA80 A1, Westland's Apache, the list is endless.

SO3Paperclips said:
I just don't get this "Buy British" thing. We have been consistently screwed over by UK industry who know the government will always pick up an inflated tab for an average product. Until they realise that we buy on value-for-money grounds, they will continue to take advantage. The idea that we should combat effectiveness to keep some picket-line dwelling Brummies in work is plain wrong.

Eurofighter, BOWMAN, Trafalgar-class subs, SA80 A1, Westland's Apache, the list is endless.

i think you'll find that its the MOD that f**ks the contracts up, by continually changing their requirements as and when they feel like it instead of when it counts, as well as their dum ass beaucracy.

If you start to rely on other countries, they will f**k you in the ass. Just look at the hassle with america on the JSF program and
the Chinook's which we couldn't operate. During the Falklands the damn Belgians refused to send us ammo as they seen us as being imperials. The list goes on and on.

If we are going to buy f**ked gear I would prefer it to be British, at least or tax money will be stayin here and not with some foreigner

SO3Paperclips said:

Has someone just quoted an article from a crap newspaper?

This statement has no basis in reality, and anyone who has any knowledge of MoD contracxts, especially the ones listed, would understand the true reasons for any overspend or diassagreement.

It is such a shame that some people cant see past 'The Sun' and 'Daily Mirror'.

If you have any concern about being ripped off by british industry compare the cost of defence products in this country to similar production volumes and complexity in the USA (ship building is a good one) and you will find that American defence projects are of the order of twice the price.

Latest Threads