Land Rover military discount

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
I don't suppose anyone knows off hand what discount Land Rover offer to military personnel ? I was told it was between 20 and 30 % but if anyone can be more specific that would be great.

It is 13% if you are mil and based in UK - could be more obviously if you are Germany/Cyprus. I am pretty sure that the Forces Disocunt Directory covers Land Rover and mentions that number. I looked at buying one a couple of years ago and was offered that discount.
whf

Forastero

LE
Only on new cars though isn't it? I tried this the other week with a used RR and they weren't having it.

If you had tried to buy a new or used RR a couple of months ago you could have named your price as they could not shift any. However, I see that the price has recovered a bit in the last month. I had looked at replacing my current RR with a new one and am kicking myself that I didn't go for it in Feb/Mar when they were selling new RRs for over £15k off the list. Still worth a speculative offer at a LR dealer as they are struggling to shift them in the numbers that they had become used to.
whf

Forastero

LE
Had the same thing with an RS4 from a main stealer. Wouldn't shift on the price and yet six months ago were desperate to sell and Brum Audi eventually lopped £4k off an Imola Yellow one to offload it. Mind you, anyone brave enough to buy and drive yellow RS4 Avant deserves a discount!

Just a taster;

2000 X Land Rover Freelander Petrol 1.8 Xei Station Wagon 5dr
50185 miles warranted, Metallic Green, 4 Services, V5 here, MoT 27 Jul'09, Sold As Seen, No VAT.

£1,600
73% of CAP Clean