Land Rover military discount

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by daywalker, May 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I don't suppose anyone knows off hand what discount Land Rover offer to military personnel ? I was told it was between 20 and 30 % but if anyone can be more specific that would be great.

2. It is 13% if you are mil and based in UK - could be more obviously if you are Germany/Cyprus. I am pretty sure that the Forces Disocunt Directory covers Land Rover and mentions that number. I looked at buying one a couple of years ago and was offered that discount.
    whf

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Only on new cars though isn't it? I tried this the other week with a used RR and they weren't having it.

4. If you had tried to buy a new or used RR a couple of months ago you could have named your price as they could not shift any. However, I see that the price has recovered a bit in the last month. I had looked at replacing my current RR with a new one and am kicking myself that I didn't go for it in Feb/Mar when they were selling new RRs for over £15k off the list. Still worth a speculative offer at a LR dealer as they are struggling to shift them in the numbers that they had become used to.
    whf

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Had the same thing with an RS4 from a main stealer. Wouldn't shift on the price and yet six months ago were desperate to sell and Brum Audi eventually lopped £4k off an Imola Yellow one to offload it. Mind you, anyone brave enough to buy and drive yellow RS4 Avant deserves a discount!

6. Just a taster;

2000 X Land Rover Freelander Petrol 1.8 Xei Station Wagon 5dr
    50185 miles warranted, Metallic Green, 4 Services, V5 here, MoT 27 Jul'09, Sold As Seen, No VAT.

£1,600
    73% of CAP Clean