Land Rover horror stories

[DRIFT]

Eh!! Buy this before someone else does . . . ;) . . . !!

Direct Sales Product ID: 89625

Engine:Rolls Royce Eagle 290L 290bhp

Body Type:Heavy Recovery Vehicle

Tyre Size:16.00 x R20 XZL Michellin

Date In Service:1986

Mileage From:32,525

Condition From:Excellent

Guide price from:£P.O.A
Subject to UK VAT unless sold outside of the EU

Quantity:2

Foden 6x6 Recovery Vehicle, in excellent condition, with low miles, recently released from service with UK MoD.

Specifications:
Engine: Perkins (Rolls Royce) Eagle 6-cylinder turbo diesel 290L - 290bhp
Tyre Size: 16.00 x R20
Crew: 1+3
Fuel Capacity: 360 litres
Electrical System: 24 V
Batteries: 2 x 12 V
Drawbar, support/suspend, towing & winching facilities
Non-corrosive, fire-retardant glass reinforced plastic tilting cab
Fuller RTX 11609B main gearbox 9 speed
Diff locks
GKN hub reduction axles
GKN/Kirkstall AGB 7000 2 speed transfer gearbox
Rear EKA hydraulically operated Compact recovery unit AK6500 EA12/1
Front Hydraulic Wharton 10 ton winch provides a self recovery capability
Hydraulic rear Rotzler single line pull Winch 25000kg
Hydraulically operated main folding boom c/w a slewing crane with 220˚ of slewing angle & maximum lift capacity of 12,500kg
Incorporating folding & extending under lift
Rear earth anchors x 2 to provide anchorage for vehicle
Extendible hydraulically operated telescopic outriggers – one to each side of vehicle
Recovery eyes and detachable NATO pattern towing hooks front and rear
Maximum Road Speed 97km/h
Capability:
30 Ton straight Tow
16 Ton suspended Tow
Max lift of Crane at 2.5m 12,500 kg / at 7.7m 5,800 kg
This vehicle is supplied equipped with recovery equipment, control boxes and fully functional.
The hydraulically operated folding boom crane is designed to recover all British Army in-service logistic support vehicles up to a gross weight of 30,000kg. All recovery and lifting functions are controlled from a locker-mounted console or from a remote-control unit with 30m of wander lead.
This vehicle can climb, hold and restart on 33% gradients.

Dimensions:
Length 9.055m
Width 2.482m
Height 3.35m
Ground Clearance 0.42m
Weight: 25,338kg (approx. fully laden)

This unit is workshop checked and serviced, ready to go to work.
The vehicle is supplied in NATO Green as standard, but we can quote for the vehicle to be repainted as illustrated on the pictures.

1566739010782.png

1566739029520.png

[/DRIFT]

Just read about this lot

Could be interesting

Published by: James Attwood, on 09 September 2019.

New Defender images leak out ahead of Tuesday unveiling.

One of 2019's most hotly anticipated new models will break cover tomorrow. Here's everything we know so far.

The first official images of the new Land Rover Defender have leaked out, seemingly taken from a magazine article to be published on the car in South Africa.

They give the best look yet of the car, which is set to be revealed at Tuesday's Frankfurt motor show.

The legitimacy of the images seems to be confirmed when they are compared to previously leaked images, as well as an official teaser video that last week revealed the new Defender is driving 4000 miles from Kazakhstan to its own unveiling in Germany.

With the wraps off, it is clear to see how the Defender's design has been influenced by the original model and its successors. Short front and rear overhangs on both the 110 and 90 variants indicate its potential off-road prowess, while the rear-mounted spare tyre and side-hinged tailgate are design elements carried over from the previous generation . . . .

(Plenty more photos/information in the link . . . )

1568025569787.png

1568025592643.png

4(T)

LE
Published by: James Attwood, on 09 September 2019.

New Defender images leak out ahead of Tuesday unveiling.

One of 2019's most hotly anticipated new models will break cover tomorrow. Here's everything we know so far.

The first official images of the new Land Rover Defender have leaked out, seemingly taken from a magazine article to be published on the car in South Africa.

They give the best look yet of the car, which is set to be revealed at Tuesday's Frankfurt motor show.

The legitimacy of the images seems to be confirmed when they are compared to previously leaked images, as well as an official teaser video that last week revealed the new Defender is driving 4000 miles from Kazakhstan to its own unveiling in Germany.

With the wraps off, it is clear to see how the Defender's design has been influenced by the original model and its successors. Short front and rear overhangs on both the 110 and 90 variants indicate its potential off-road prowess, while the rear-mounted spare tyre and side-hinged tailgate are design elements carried over from the previous generation . . . .

(Plenty more photos/information in the link . . . )

View attachment 415980

View attachment 415981

So, another identikit blobby design to add to their existing range of identikit blobby designs...

Whatever happened to the concept of brand image?

Landrover.jpg

So, another identikit blobby design to add to their existing range of identikit blobby designs...

Whatever happened to the concept of brand image?

View attachment 415993
I've never seen them all in the same shot!

My Mrs' cousin runs the design team for Jaguar Land Rover for brakes and hydraulics for all of the vehicles they manufacture and when you speak to him, its like talking to a computer geek. All you get is 'common architecture and standard platform'. They are obviously looking at as much re-use as possible to reduce manufacturing costs. Looking at that picture, I now understand where he's coming from. Its the same bloody car!

I've never seen them all in the same shot!

My Mrs' cousin runs the design team for Jaguar Land Rover for brakes and hydraulics for all of the vehicles they manufacture and when you speak to him, its like talking to a computer geek. All you get is 'common architecture and standard platform'. They are obviously looking at as much re-use as possible to reduce manufacturing costs. Looking at that picture, I now understand where he's coming from. Its the same bloody car!
At least there are THREE different shared "platforms" in that photo . . . the smaller, steel (basically ex-Ford) with transverse engine; the all-alloy (big) Range-Rover; and, the Velar that started as a Jaguar.

They are working towards - the whole damn lot, sharing just ONE 'common architecture and standard platform' :( .

At least there are THREE different shared "platforms" in that photo . . . the smaller, steel (basically ex-Ford) with transverse engine; the all-alloy (big) Range-Rover; and, the Velar that started as a Jaguar.

They are working towards - the whole damn lot, sharing just ONE 'common architecture and standard platform' :( .
That's where its going. Single platform

Mufulira

Old-Salt
That IS the new brand image: dull, dull, dull. A proper Land Rover horror story.
Whilst in Tanzania we were using a fleet of 4 x 4 mainly Toyota but had a sprinkiling of LWB LR and the on lady geo who had many tears of experience in exploration geology all over the area informed me 'maybe the Toyotas have more power etc but never, ever did the Landy leave me stuck. Our mtce group did not shirk the regular mtce on any or older vehicles.

Blogg

LE
That IS the new brand image: dull, dull, dull. A proper Land Rover horror story.
The bloody Freelander was based off a Rover 200 floor pan.

Freelander 2? Ford EUCD platform: just like the Ford Mondeo and Galaxy And a shitload of Volvo offerings.

Zzzzzzz.....

I can not help but think that this new Defender, has just “called-time” on the increasingly anonymous, irrelevant, “Series 5” Discovery . . . expect very generous discounts on the “Series 5” Discovery, at a Dealer near you, very soon!!

Last edited:
[DRIFT]

Eh!! Buy this before someone else does . . . ;) . . . !!

Direct Sales Product ID: 89625

Engine:Rolls Royce Eagle 290L 290bhp

Body Type:Heavy Recovery Vehicle

Tyre Size:16.00 x R20 XZL Michellin

Date In Service:1986

Mileage From:32,525

Condition From:Excellent

Guide price from:£P.O.A
Subject to UK VAT unless sold outside of the EU

Quantity:2

Foden 6x6 Recovery Vehicle, in excellent condition, with low miles, recently released from service with UK MoD.

Specifications:
Engine: Perkins (Rolls Royce) Eagle 6-cylinder turbo diesel 290L - 290bhp
Tyre Size: 16.00 x R20
Crew: 1+3
Fuel Capacity: 360 litres
Electrical System: 24 V
Batteries: 2 x 12 V
Drawbar, support/suspend, towing & winching facilities
Non-corrosive, fire-retardant glass reinforced plastic tilting cab
Fuller RTX 11609B main gearbox 9 speed
Diff locks
GKN hub reduction axles
GKN/Kirkstall AGB 7000 2 speed transfer gearbox
Rear EKA hydraulically operated Compact recovery unit AK6500 EA12/1
Front Hydraulic Wharton 10 ton winch provides a self recovery capability
Hydraulic rear Rotzler single line pull Winch 25000kg
Hydraulically operated main folding boom c/w a slewing crane with 220˚ of slewing angle & maximum lift capacity of 12,500kg
Incorporating folding & extending under lift
Rear earth anchors x 2 to provide anchorage for vehicle
Extendible hydraulically operated telescopic outriggers – one to each side of vehicle
Recovery eyes and detachable NATO pattern towing hooks front and rear
Maximum Road Speed 97km/h
Capability:
30 Ton straight Tow
16 Ton suspended Tow
Max lift of Crane at 2.5m 12,500 kg / at 7.7m 5,800 kg
This vehicle is supplied equipped with recovery equipment, control boxes and fully functional.
The hydraulically operated folding boom crane is designed to recover all British Army in-service logistic support vehicles up to a gross weight of 30,000kg. All recovery and lifting functions are controlled from a locker-mounted console or from a remote-control unit with 30m of wander lead.
This vehicle can climb, hold and restart on 33% gradients.

Dimensions:
Length 9.055m
Width 2.482m
Height 3.35m
Ground Clearance 0.42m
Weight: 25,338kg (approx. fully laden)

This unit is workshop checked and serviced, ready to go to work.
The vehicle is supplied in NATO Green as standard, but we can quote for the vehicle to be repainted as illustrated on the pictures.

View attachment 412740

View attachment 412741

[/DRIFT]
I can imagine myself popping into Tesco's car park!

I can not help but think that this new Defender, has just “called-time” on the increasingly anonymous, irrelevant, “Series 5” Discovery . . . expect very generous discounts on the “Series 5” Discovery, at a Dealer near you, very soon!!
You can get an 18 plate 5 for the same price as a 16 4.

I think that proves how unpopular the new one is!

A triumph of fashion, style, marketing BS over substance. Sad, really. I'd love one, but only for trundling to the shops.

A triumph of fashion, style, marketing BS over substance. Sad, really. I'd love one, but only for trundling to the shops.
Reminds me of the Discovery 4, and it doesnt look very squaddie proof.........

I can not help but think that this new Defender, has just “called-time” on the increasingly anonymous, irrelevant, “Series 5” Discovery . . . expect very generous discounts on the “Series 5” Discovery, at a Dealer near you, very soon!! :( .

ugly

LE
I can not help but think that this new Defender, has just “called-time” on the increasingly anonymous, irrelevant, “Series 5” Discovery . . . expect very generous discounts on the “Series 5” Discovery, at a Dealer near you, very soon!! :( .

It looks like sh1t. I'm about to spend the rest of the afternoon driving the farms 90 around. That's a land rover none of the hairdressers handbag carriers previously named!
Oh and it's still shit, the 90 and its replacement

" . . . . . I'm sorry @ugly it (the original), is polluting, and its CRAP to drive" ;) . . .

Last edited:

Latest Threads