LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 4

TamH70

MIA
For anyone out there who may be able to give me some advice please.

Mrs SB wants a Discovery 4, I want a Volvo XC70 (our price range in the region of £10-£12k).

I have read every post on this thread and the desire to get either of the above cars is:

1. To accommodate 2 big dogs in the back. No kids.
2. A bit of 4x4-ness to assist in road (never off road) winter driving. Live near N York Moors.
3. A bit of luxury after years and years and years of driving bangers (ford estates, vans) due to always having a pair of hairy, wet, big dogs.

I noted @Ravers recommending a Nissan Pathfinder but I just want to focus on a Disco 4 or XC70 and only one with a full dealers service history.

Can anyone push me in one direction or t'other please?

Check the JD Power customer satisfaction survey results and see from there which one is more likely to leave you cursing at the side of the road with a blown engine or owt like that, while your dogs howl at the noise of the passing traffic, and buy the other one instead.

I'd bet a penny on the winner being the XC70.

Check the JD Power customer satisfaction survey results and see from there which one is more likely to leave you cursing at the side of the road with a blown engine or owt like that, while your dogs howl at the noise of the passing traffic, and buy the other one instead.

I want the XC70 to be the winner too.

But in the words of the late, great Benny Hill

‘a woman’s needs are manifold’

Agreed but bear in mind that survey respondents (and owner social media group members) are mostly people looking for solutions to problems or looking to vent. I’ve had a now rather long in the tooth (15 year/nearly 250,000 mile) D3 for seven years and apart from age related wear and tear it’s never missed a beat.

For anyone out there who may be able to give me some advice please.

Mrs SB wants a Discovery 4, I want a Volvo XC70 (our price range in the region of £10-£12k).

I have read every post on this thread and the desire to get either of the above cars is:

1. To accommodate 2 big dogs in the back. No kids.
2. A bit of 4x4-ness to assist in road (never off road) winter driving. Live near N York Moors.
3. A bit of luxury after years and years and years of driving bangers (ford estates, vans) due to always having a pair of hairy, wet, big dogs.

I noted @Ravers recommending a Nissan Pathfinder but I just want to focus on a Disco 4 or XC70 and only one with a full dealers service history.

Can anyone push me in one direction or t'other please?
Forget the XC70; it’s a V70 estate with 4wd. Look for a good XC90 D5. We bought one as our companion on our year our travelling Europe a few years ago. Approaching 40k miles in a year; loads of room, nice comfortable all leather interior and reliable.

Your budget will buy a really nice one with some warranty.

Latest Threads