Lance Jack to Full Screw Board Results?

There are a couple of hopefuls bobbing around my office. Bearing in mind that we are a little lite on Green types in our CoC at the moment, when should we expect to see the results?

Obviously I love for someone to PM them to me or post a link, but as I'm not even sure when they’re due that may be asking too much.

I’ve just seen the results. Congratz to Mummy G from my office and Sid at the COB.

We had 26 IS Eng on the Cpl-Sgt board and now we only have 13 Comms Sys Eng on the LCpl-Cpl board. I understand that most of the Geek JNCO vacancies have been filled by the re-trading Sys Tecs, but this is going to be still seen as a huge disincentive for the younger guys coming through.

Is it asking too much to have a happy balance between enough bodies to fill operational commitments and enough promotion slots to retain the next generation of pot-FofS(IS)?

Just got a call on leave from work to say i have come off, not seen the results themselves yet, units do have them though as my neigbour just got the same call from his unit.

Well done to all those who have come off the board, i recognise a few names and think well deserved. If it didn't happen for you this year please don't use this as a forum to whinge, knuckle down and ask the full screws if there are any shit jobs that need doing.

BiggestGeekInTheCorp said:
We had 26 IS Eng on the Cpl-Sgt board and now we only have 13 Comms Sys Eng on the LCpl-Cpl board. I understand that most of the Geek JNCO vacancies have been filled by the re-trading Sys Tecs, but this is going to be still seen as a huge disincentive for the younger guys coming through.
The promotion rules changed earlier this year (latest version of policy directive) so everyone needs two years in rank. I wonder if the "disincentive" is across all trades and whether it is likely to catch back up next year.

roadster280 said:
Or when Morse got binned.
Yeah it's a complete nightmare not having morse in Afghan. We might as well not be there.

roadster280 said:
winged_messenger said:
2519 Full Screw Operator? The Corps has finally gone mad................
No, I think you'll find it did that a while ago.

Like when Ober-Geeks got the title 'Foreman" :)

Or when Tele Op (Delay) got merged with Tele Op (Tg)

Or when RTG got retitled to Tele Op (Tg)

Edited to add: Actually, the worst day in the Corps' annals has to be the day that Sig Watson (ex 7SR RP in mid 90s) got his capbadge. That thieving, lying, bullying, drug-addled waste of rations deserves to be pushing up daisies. Which I hope he is, after he got out of Op deployment, CDT, and Colly. Not that I hold a grudge or anything 10 or more years on.

Enough already. Good luck and congrats to the new Full Screws. 2519 or not.[/
quote]

:D :D :D :wink:

He was a coffin dodger anyway :twisted:

roadster280 said:
...Still, there's no way your average CS Op could know everything a Tele Op (RR), Tele Op (Sys) and Tele Op (Tg) had to know, and be expected to be proficient.
Absolutely! That's got to be a real concern now and surely there's a dilution of trade skills - jack of all trades, master on none. As for JNCOs, I'm a tiny bit baffled as to why the Class 1 CS Op course is only about 4 weeks long, while the Class 1 CS Engr (when they finally run the course) is going to be nearly a year. It seems an awfully wide disparity. Strange.

Elmo,

I should have a copy waiting for me at work. I'll email it to your DII when i get in. To be honest, the results usually appear on armynet quite promptly on the Friday after a board.

Boney

roadster280 said:
winged_messenger said:
2519 Full Screw Operator? The Corps has finally gone mad................
No, I think you'll find it did that a while ago.

Like when Ober-Geeks got the title 'Foreman" :)

Or when Tele Op (Delay) got merged with Tele Op (Tg)
Or when RTG got retitled to Tele Op (Tg)

Edited to add: Actually, the worst day in the Corps' annals has to be the day that Sig Watson (ex 7SR RP in mid 90s) got his capbadge. That thieving, lying, bullying, drug-addled waste of rations deserves to be pushing up daisies. Which I hope he is, after he got out of Op deployment, CDT, and Colly. Not that I hold a grudge or anything 10 or more years on.

Enough already. Good luck and congrats to the new Full Screws. 2519 or not.
RR was merged with Sys. You could hardly merge any trade with the Comms Gods.

Morse got binned because it was no longer any use. Just like flags, flashing lights and smoke signals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
re-sparky Sappers 14
D ARRSEpedia 1
KnifeFightingMonkey Military History and Militaria 17