Lance corporal after phase 2 training!??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Forest101, May 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi I wonder if anyone can help. What jobs can you get promoted to lance corporal at the end of phase 2 training? I'm interested in knowing all jobs? I was having a discussion with my friend and we could only think of RMP and Intelligence corps.
  2. Do you feel you are better than everyone else? If so, you must inform your training Cpl.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ammo Tech.

And you will be better than everyone else, except other Ammo Techs of course.

And you'll get your full Cpl on the back of your first SJAR (provided its a Y recommendation).

Sgt is 2-3 years after that. You could be a WO2 in 8 years.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or, on the other hand you could go to Sandhurst and become a 2Lt - OK not as high as a LCpl but it is a start! :)
  5. Tossers again.

Please delete it.
  6. Royal Signals Techs (I think it's Systems Engineer or something these days). It used to be one year (ish) from end of trade to Corporal but I think it's at least two now.
  7. REME Land systems/Avionics/Aircraft Technician. Provided you make the grade.

However, this Phase 2 training is very long, and as such is no 'quick route' to promotion.
  8. They do in the RAF. Straight to full screw.
    Whilst their colleagues deploying as operational interpreters (a real skillset) have just had their 'speedy' (for the RAF) promotion to full screw put back to the 9-10 year point.
    No wonder they're all jumping ship.
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Registered Nurses, straight in as full screws.
  10. Only on solo with a broomstick and stabbing a baby or colleague.

ODP RAMC, hero and 2 stripes. Well, skivvy and a promise...
  11. A very good change, long over due in my opinion.
  12. Straight in as Capt in Australia.
  13. They love crims that's why.
  14. Don't RAF flight attendants go straight in as Sgt? Then stay there until they're 55 while getting progressively fatter and looking even stupider wearing flight suits to hand out packed lunches on an airliner?
  15. Registered nurses are commissionable